Woosie Club

Page 56 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Being a wuss or woosie isn't new, here's a quote about school holidays:

"The current education system is stuck in the 19th Century, at least where the school timetable is concerned.
Six-week summer breaks were originally built into the system to enable youngsters to help with the harvest, in a pre-mechanised, sepia-tinted world where callus-palmed farmlads led hefty horses pulling ploughs, and everyone who could not sheave wheat by the age of four was labelled the late Victorian or early Edwardian equivalent of a wuss."

Can we claim the origins of the Woosie Club to be over 100 years old?
smiley-smile.gif

(No combine harvesters in those days King Gagkev)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Being a wuss or woosie isn't new, here's a quote about school holidays:

"The current education system is stuck in the 19th Century, at least where the school timetable is concerned.
Six-week summer breaks were originally built into the system to enable youngsters to help with the harvest, in a pre-mechanised, sepia-tinted world where callus-palmed farmlads led hefty horses pulling ploughs, and everyone who could not sheave wheat by the age of four was labelled the late Victorian or early Edwardian equivalent of a wuss."

smiley-smile.gif

Err no, at least not according to a word reference forum which states that the term 'wuss' first came into use in the 1970s.
I think that four year olds had given up sheaving wheat by then and youngsters were more interested in Slade or T-Rex than helping out on a farm although the school holidays were and still are the same
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
smiley-smile.gif

in case you havent noticed Sir WC my Combine has been stolen----Think Haymarket took it to make there own Hay
smiley-frown.gif

So I will need all the WUSS'S I can get this year
So the kids will need all them holidays
smiley-wink.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the coffin dodgers club Sir Dustydog.
You and Sir Mucky Pup look like a couple of peace artists, hope you had a great time.
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Maybe we could all become reborn Hippies one evening at Rivendale?

What do you mean a reborn hippy? I wasnt old enough the first time around
smiley-laughing.gif

Hope you had a good one Sir Dusty and I hope Sir Mucky Pup TB supplied you with more than your usual cuppa
images

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
You both look brilliant. Can you remember much of the party?

OK for a Hippy theme at the Woosiefest, but like Kev I was a child IN the sixties not a child OF the sixties. If I was a reborn anything, it would be 70s glam-rock. Silver platform boots anyone?
mel

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Bit quiet on the "Woosie" front these days innit?, (so thought I'd cause a bit of 'controversy' or 'furore', so thought I'd tell you this:-

I was at the swimming pool today & decided to have a sneaky pea in the deep end...!! The life guard must have noticed... He blew his whistle so bloody loud I nearly fell in...!!

Is that what Woosies do?

(A member of TICS)!?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Woosies. How much coverage are we giving the country this coming Bank holiday? Have we got a Woosie in every county? I am in Devon (Hidden Valley near Woolacombe) and kev is in Derbyshire (Rivendale). Where are the rest of you?
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
There all in Devon Lady Mel looking after my Palace, weeding, cutting the grass, cleaning windows,
but most importantly Polishing the throne.

Actually Mel it's quite ironic really thinking about it, I'm getting out of Devon, youre getting out off Derbyshire
Think we should have done a house swap,would have saved the towing
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Too many caravans on the roads and in the parks holiday weekend - so we are staying at home
smiley-laughing.gif
. I will also avoid DIY shops and garden centres.
We are having our spring break at Much Wenlock the first week in June.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'll be stuck behind all the slow coach caravans on the North Devon Link Road on the way to my mum near Bideford.
smiley-laughing.gif

She's prepared loads of jobs for us ranging from washing down her whole bungalow , sorting out her bills and tax and more. Role on Cornwall next month. Maybe spring or even summer wil appear.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
we`re of to ferry meadows in peterborough(cambridgeshire) great cc site golf,lakes and steam train oh and a nice veg prep area for lady tpo trump.i`m being brave she`s out

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
There all in Devon Lady Mel looking after my Palace, weeding, cutting the grass, cleaning windows,
but most importantly Polishing the throne.

Actually Mel it's quite ironic really thinking about it, I'm getting out of Devon, youre getting out off Derbyshire
Think we should have done a house swap,would have saved the towing
smiley-smile.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, meant to say that swapping houses was a brilliant idea, would have saved on ptch fees as well as towng. Also it would have saved me organising and paying my daughter to look after the teenager; I could have left him with you.
next time
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Sorry, meant to say that swapping houses was a brilliant idea, would have saved on ptch fees as well as towng. Also it would have saved me organising and paying my daughter to look after the teenager; I could have left him with you.
next time
mel
Maybe next year Lady Mel seems there is so much to do up there I will want to do another visit, wont count the Woosie meet as you will be there as well
smiley-smile.gif

Mel have you seen the illuminated boats at Matlock bath, perhaps the Woosie,s could have an evening out?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts