Woosie Club

Page 243 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
I was thinking of going in to Woody's when we came back at around 8:30 but it looked as though the Woosies were all in their caravans so I gave it a miss and had a couple in the caravan instead.
OH dear Parksy.After a full day at East Kirkby an early evening imbibement with Rex Harry Hutch Elaine and John stood us i good practice for tonight.Had to cook on my return.
Just Jane has no ailerons at the moment. Will it ever fly.who knows.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Think “ruckus” is Gaelic for a nice evening out. I was taking a bit of free time in Jasper National Park in Alberta and a group from the Argyle and Sutherlands arrived in town and very soon started to have a “good night out”. The speed the local police and Mounties arrived had to be seen to be believed

Now that brings back memories of BATUS.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Think “ruckus” is Gaelic for a nice evening out. I was taking a bit of free time in Jasper National Park in Alberta and a group from the Argyle and Sutherlands arrived in town and very soon started to have a “good night out”. The speed the local police and Mounties arrived had to be seen to be believed

Now that brings back memories of BATUS.

A fine spot for learning off roading skills!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Now if you really want a ruckus, 2 Para tearing it up in the Sin Bin in Medicine Hat was a regular event.
Oh where have those days gone? :(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The gathering increases. Graham and Yvonne have safely arrived from Chester.A four hour drive. Welcome to you both and looking forward to your company over the weekend :cheer:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......the Friday night banquet took place in the orangery state room of Woosiethorp.

The Woosie Knights their Ladies and guests took part in much meriment and raised a toast to absent friends.

King Gabsgrandad and Lady Jean did us proud..........

20180914_182917.jpg

20180914_182858.jpg

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I depart tomorrow, and before I leave I want to thank the King (Pete) for organising a wonderful event.

I have very much enjoyed my stay here in Woosiethorpe - Linconshire.

And to all of the other attendees, thank you for your company, hope to meet you all again one day.

Mrs. Anseo and myself have had a really nice time here, a longish journey, but welll worth it.

THANK YOU ALL :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
0111_ADA2-_BF4_A-42_EF-844_E-7539611_F92_C7.jpg

A surprise visit to the Saturday Woosiefest, our past King Sproket with his new toy being inspected by some Woosies.
Need a mobile caravan engineer? Sproket’s your man, fully qualified too :cheer:

CD8_AB07_F-2921-4220-9_BE3-464_C3_EB50517.jpg

Three Woosies giving Sproket’s wagon the once over.

CC9020_FD-_CFD8-4_CFC-_B1_BD-781_CC1_BB996_F.jpg

And the Man himself :cheer:
5_A72_D7_D4-5_F03-40_DC-8_B2_E-17845798_D402.jpg

The Woosies having a pre dinner drinkies Saturday evening.

3_E44937_D-33_D1-4_FA8-9_A9_D-08_D111_ED76_A5.jpg

The Woosies awaiting their first course. B)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
My first outing with the Woosie's turned out to be good fun, thanks guy's!
For those who don't know, the Woosie's Club is a gathering of caravaners that frequent this forum and have an excuse to join.
Friday evening saw us meet in the park's restaurant and pub for a meal followed by a pub quiz.
Saturday we gathered in the open behind the pitches for food and drinks and a good chat.
Basically if any aspiring posters on this forum wish to try it out, feel free to ask about it.
This is just another picture of the Friday meal gathering.
Woodthrope_Woosies_2.JPG

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Trust that all Woosie's who left Woosiethorpe today arrived home safely.

Pete kindly informed me of a road closure on part of my planned route home.

New route planned, but just North of Market Rasen I encountered further roadworks resulting in a not too short diversion :(

I departed the park at 1210 with a hopeful journey time of 7.5hours, the diversion and very windy conditions meant that my total journey time was 8.75 hours.

The strong winds encountered from the Pennines to home dictated caution and I averaged less than 45 mph on the Pennines to home leg of the journey, but overall not a bad total journey time (all things considered).

To those of you who remain at Woosiethorpe, have a great time :)

Regards,

Anseo.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
:( Gutted we couldn't make it but I've probably got more chance off bumping into you's on a site on a random weekend away ! It looked good !!

Enjoy the rest off the fest if your still there .

Craig .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
but I've probably got more chance off bumping into you's on a site on a random weekend away ! It looked good !!

Same here. We wont ever make it either. Glad you all enjoyed it, looks like you had a lot of fun. Rallying just isnt for me though.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thingy said:
but I've probably got more chance off bumping into you's on a site on a random weekend away ! It looked good !!

Same here. We wont ever make it either. Glad you all enjoyed it, looks like you had a lot of fun. Rallying just isnt for me though.

Don't mind a ralley if I've got the time off but I only get a weekend off every so often plus the kids wouldn't finish school till 4 so a long way to come for a weekend but no doubt you would recognise my car plate on site as it's my woosie name !

Craig

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Quote ---- "Rallying just isnt for me though."
It is not rallying, nowt like. -- (Having done 700+ rallies with the caravan club over the last 40+ years, I also know a bit about rallying) We are a group of individuals/now friends who join up under our own planning/organisation/booking. -- doing our own thing. Occasionally getting together to be sociable, but we have no rules and conditions, just common decency. However our common interest is caravanning /friendship..

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Having done 700+ rallies with the caravan club over the last 40+ years, I also know a bit about rallying

We did three, and the last two were kicking and screaming. The "come stand by the flag" order was enough for me.
Dont get me wrong, Im not anti-social, far from it, but I just prefer to do things on the fly. We have had trips where we have been on our own for the duration and others where we have become a group, but its a case of "if it happens", nowt planned. Apart from anything else, you meet at the wrong time of year for us, we can never get away in September. This year on the 30th is early for us.
I still dont see how it isnt a rally though.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Having done 700+ rallies with the caravan club over the last 40+ years, I also know a bit about rallying

We did three, and the last two were kicking and screaming. The "come stand by the flag" order was enough for me.
Dont get me wrong, Im not anti-social, far from it, but I just prefer to do things on the fly. We have had trips where we have been on our own for the duration and others where we have become a group, but its a case of "if it happens", nowt planned. Apart from anything else, you meet at the wrong time of year for us, we can never get away in September. This year on the 30th is early for us.
I still dont see how it isnt a rally though.
Carole and myself would like to thank the Woosies for welcoming us to this year's gathering.
Gabsgandad did us proud, thanks to you and to Anseo for your help with our water hose which didn't reach the tap until you raided your supplies to sort it out.
Each to their own Thingy, maybe you'll meet forum users randomly, but for any casual browser I can state quite categorically that Woosiefests are definitely not rallies, everyone is free to do as they please with no pressure to do anything at all.
I'm not sure what rallies you went on Thingy but the flag business is a matter of choice on C&CC meets, you should have just said no.
Woosiefests don't do Sunday mornings, one or two have been known to drift off to the pub mid afternoon though. :lol:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Just to echo what Parksy said "everyone is free to do as they please with no pressure to do anything at all".

I did not feel obliged nor was I asked to involve myself in anything, information was passed around as to what might be going on for a meal get-together and a Jacobs Table on the Saturay afternoon (and I enjoyed that so very very much).

I too am not inclined to regimented gatherings, as Pete would might say "nowt" formal about the gathering :cheer:

Very much do as you want, and from what I observed, everybody did their own thing, I think Pete's comment re an involvement in caravanning and friendship summed it up.

Easy come easy go is what I observed, and without doubt I was very happy to meet a lovely group of like-minded folks, a memory I shall cherish, not often that you meet a group of total strangers and come away with only nice memories of everyone (a real rarity I would offer :eek:hmy: ).

Terrific bunch of people friends.

Thanks all, Anseo.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Home after 4.5 hours and 180 miles. Nothing as valiant as Sir Haggis but worth the distance.
For the non believers Woosiefests as previously stated are NOT a rally. They are an annual meet up of anyone on PC Forum who enjoys caravanning and a good time. It is noteworthy that most of our chosen sites are fully serviced pitches of a decent level size. This year’s location at Woodthorpe Leisure near Alford Lincoln was superb. The site and facility get 10 out of 10 from me. A one stop shop with decent up market facilities. No off grid field for us :)
We have wheels and travel. Look at Sir Haggis . All the way from Kilmarnock. His wife Pressie is a cook extraordinaire :cheer:
Grey and Yvonne drove hours from Chester. Come on Craig a long weekend is all you need :kiss:
Thanks to Pete and Jean for all their hard work this year finding a wonderful location enjoyed by all.
Looking to next year everyone is welcome to join us and indeed all suggestions for the next venue are most welcome :cheer:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well fellow Woosies, eat your hearts out, just left Woodies again, ..... stuffed!!!! Tried the highly recommended (by many of the Woosies, braised brisket etc. (and you were right -- superb!) Been windy here this PM but settled now, but been warm. Thanks to you all for your company and friendship these past few days. Just Alistair and us left, 1 other caravan and a tent on site. Ready for the 'off' in the morning. Roll on next 'un!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well fellow Woosies, eat your hearts out, just left Woodies again, ..... stuffed!!!! Tried the highly recommended (by many of the Woosies, braised brisket etc. (and you were right -- superb!) Been windy here this PM but settled now, but been warm. Thanks to you all for your company and friendship these past few days. Just Alistair and us left, 1 other caravan and a tent on site. Ready for the 'off' in the morning. Roll on next 'un!
At least a pound of pure beef :evil:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts