Woosie Club

Page 298 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just a thought. With all this Covid -19 stuff should we be passing food around at our Woosiefest?
A worrying time I think.
Strict infection control would say not to do it. There is little risk in hot food prepared by someone else, but the crockery and utensils are a potential risk. If you have all repeatedly sanitised your hand between touching stuff, the risk is minimal; but if you want to be strict about it and still share; prepare a cauldron of something very hot and bubbling and each person uses their own Serving utensil.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Strict infection control would say not to do it. There is little risk in hot food prepared by someone else, but the crockery and utensils are a potential risk. If you have all repeatedly sanitised your hand between touching stuff, the risk is minimal; but if you want to be strict about it and still share; prepare a cauldron of something very hot and bubbling and each person uses their own Serving utensil.
mel
Mel, I think we will pass on a fest purely for safety. You are right. But we can still meeet up and bring our own grub. I’ll check out the King’s hygiene regime🤪🤪

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The issue that I'm wondering about is the 'rule of six'.
There's a very good chance of either the site owners taking exception to what could be perceived as a party or gathering involving more than six people which is in breach of the current government Covid 19 guidelines, or worse still others on the site complaining either to the proprietors or the police.
Coming from an area where special measures are in place, we're not supposed to be with people from a different household because of the risk of spreading infection, even though we're self isolating at home.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The open air rules are different. However we all know the risks of too much mixing. Social distancing and no cross contamination is at the fore front for all of us.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The open air rules are different. However we all know the risks of too much mixing. Social distancing and no cross contamination is at the fore front for all of us.
The current open air rules are no different.
Check out Social Contact 2:2

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I fully agree, I think the Jacobs table is a NO Go, as I mentioned earlier, lets not upset anyone, Maybe sitting around with a drink and a chat will be fine, ( rule of 6 ) or if folk want to wander to The Rock, The Roma dictates.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
But you can sit 2 meters apart from the other groups, the rules are so open to miss use. We will not be abusing the rules.

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
But you can sit 2 meters apart from the other groups, the rules are so open to miss use. We will not be abusing the rules.
Absolutely agree, there. We get enough moaning from one woman on our village fb page. She was moaning about a footy match last week, despite people posting the then guidelines. Made herself look a total fool, but It goes to show, theres always someone out to get you.
we arrive around 6pm ish this Friday, and depart Sunday. We can always meet on the dog walk field...

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
looks like wellies at ten places. I think Hutch was right. Kev has planned to arrive😢😢😢🤪🤪🤪
Sorry to disappoint folks, still unable to make it but sending you the rain to ensure you wont forget me.😝
Have a nice time and please stay safe and dont mingle, kiss, cuddle or visit others vans when you leave that infamous pub blotto :LOL: :beermug::cocktail::wineglass:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes thanks Kev, thanks, BB and WaynS, everyone had a good run down, I managed to get awning up in the dry. Try the pub tomorrow, not a good road to walk along.

Reactions: Parksy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Four out of five here today, one expected tomorrow.
Thanks for the good wishes
(and the rain, Kev ☔ )
Yes thanks Kev, thanks, BB and WaynS, everyone had a good run down, I managed to get awning up in the dry. Try the pub tomorrow, not a good road to walk along.

Told you I would send it for you.................WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!

(I am jealous now though):cry:

Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts