Woosie Club

Page 341 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
20230620-202419.jpg

Walking on sunshine with
Katrina and the Waves at the Cheshire County Show.
Five day rally next to the showground....first time away with the caravan this year :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dont forget the cost of fuel you used as well Parksy :LOL:

PS. Enjoy your two weeks away, I know where you're going, lovely site and you'll be looking out to sea from your pitch. ;)
Yes, I used roughly double the amount of fuel than I would have if I'd checked the 12n socket before we left home 🫣
We're in our usual row of pitches, with a view of the Atlantic from the front windows Kev, first time out for us this year 😁

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had a woosie moment this afternoon.
We went to the caravan storage to sort out the interior loose objects in the caravan and to tow it to our drive for cleaning etc tomorrow before our fortnight's holiday in St Ives on Saturday.
It was the first tow with the Sorento that I bought last December.
I fitted the leisure battery and the caravan came out of the barn using the motor mover, so far, so good.
I hitched up, and tried to connect the 12n lead to the car to test the lights, indicators etc before we set off for home,
The caravan plug just wouldn't go in.
The car socket is difficult to see, being lower on this Sorento than on my old one, and the sprung cover is quite strong, so I ended up kneeling down to have a good look.
Doh!
The car socket is 13 pin, unlike the 12n socket on my old Sorento, but it didn't occur to me to check before I left our house.
A frantic phone around after I discovered that our local Towsure has closed down, then a rush hour drive to Black Country Caravans a few miles away to buy an adapter and the caravan is now safely on the drive at home, and my wallet is 26.99 lighter.
I also know where you are going have a nice time on your pitch looking out to sea and a safe journey .

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your time time down there, we were hoping to surprise and join you, but it has all gone pear shaped.
Take care. A&E.
It would have been lovely to see you both Hutch.
I hope that everything is OK with you and E.
We've been enjoying a steady Friday evening tow down the M5, and we're chilling out for an hour now at Taunton Dene services, which is about the half way point for us.
We can pull up on the early arrival field to sleep for a few hours when we reach Polmanter.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry folks I got tired of trying to find places to suit all and then dates, and then nobody able to confirm, due to school holidays etc.
Ourselves have hospital appointments at very Random times as we all know you cannot miss.
Please, if anyone wishes to suggest a site and a date. Please post it and see what happens. Remember a few of the "Older, haha) prefer a FsP.
Dave A1, We are at The Red lion , Ridgemont Bedfordshire, from the Tuesday. 29th August for 4 nights. £20 pn.
After that we are free.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry folks I got tired of trying to find places to suit all and then dates, and then nobody able to confirm, due to school holidays etc.
Ourselves have hospital appointments at very Random times as we all know you cannot miss.
Please, if anyone wishes to suggest a site and a date. Please post it and see what happens. Remember a few of the "Older, haha) prefer a FsP.
Dave A1, We are at The Red lion , Ridgemont Bedfordshire, from the Tuesday. 29th August for 4 nights. £20 pn.
After that we are free.
Have a nice time when you are away (y)

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
My wife could write a book about incidents that would justify my qualifications to join this prestigious club.
One of the non dangerous very stupid ones happened when we were on holiday with friends in Florida:
I drove us to a huge shopping mall and parked the non descriptive white rental SUV in the car park ( this car park wraps around 3 sides of the mall) and we went in one of the many identical entrances.
When we came out it was pouring with rain so we told the ladies to wait inside while we got the car and drove it up to the entrance for them to get in……
45 mins later we found the car …. Have you any idea how many white non descriptive SUV’s there were parked up at the time???
Even the entrance didn’t help as a reference point cos they were all the same!!
We got drenched, it was still raining when we found the car and guess what…. Within 5 mins the rain stopped.

Steve

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
My wife could write a book about incidents that would justify my qualifications to join this prestigious club.
One of the non dangerous very stupid ones happened when we were on holiday with friends in Florida:
I drove us to a huge shopping mall and parked the non descriptive white rental SUV in the car park ( this car park wraps around 3 sides of the mall) and we went in one of the many identical entrances.
When we came out it was pouring with rain so we told the ladies to wait inside while we got the car and drove it up to the entrance for them to get in……
45 mins later we found the car …. Have you any idea how many white non descriptive SUV’s there were parked up at the time???
Even the entrance didn’t help as a reference point cos they were all the same!!
We got drenched, it was still raining when we found the car and guess what…. Within 5 mins the rain stopped.

Steve
As will be confirmed by others, you are fully qualified for Woosie status and, if ever get ourselves organised enough for a meet you would be more than welcome to join us.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
As will be confirmed by others, you are fully qualified for Woosie status and, if ever get ourselves organised enough for a meet you would be more than welcome to join us.
Mel
Many thanks for inviting me to join this esteemed and prestigious group.
Having spent my whole life qualifying I feel I can stand tall ( if that’s possible at 5ft8🤣🤣🤣) as an equal amongst my peers and feel proud to walk the corridors of power ( obviously I will try not to trip over fresh air or bump into anything).

Captain Chaos

Reactions: Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry Grey. No. We are all in favour of one, but the implementation is failing. Feel free to take the reins.
Mel

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for inviting me to join this esteemed and prestigious group.
Having spent my whole life qualifying I feel I can stand tall ( if that’s possible at 5ft8🤣🤣🤣) as an equal amongst my peers and feel proud to walk the corridors of power ( obviously I will try not to trip over fresh air or bump into anything).

Captain Chaos
Steve, sounds like you may well walk tall amongst the Lower troupe of Woosies, some say we are a bunch of Hobbits. Grey and Gafferbill excepted.

Reactions: Grey13
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Okay, here's my bid to join the esteemed Woosie Club.
A couple of months ago my wife and I were staying in Northumberland. We went into Seahouses for lunch and to draw some cash from a cash machine. The hole in the wall we chose was outside the Co-Op. I put my card in, entered my PIN, chose the cash amount and made some remarks to my wife about nothing in particular. The cash was duly dispensed and I waited patiently for my card to be returned to me. I waited, and waited but, the card didn't appear. A couple of people had then formed a queue behind us to whom my wife explained that the ATM had devoured my card. I then ventured into the Co-Op but, of course, they don't have access to the cash dispenser but the young lady in there did give me a number to ring. I went back outside and phoned the number while my wife explained to the growing queue that my card had been devoured and the cash machine wasn't working. The first message I got before being put through to a real live person was that if the ATM retains a card it can't be retrieved and I should contact my bank and cancel my card. This of course also means getting a new card and having to update every damn account that card is registered with. I then got put through to a lovely young lady to whom I explained my predicament, being on holiday, needing my card etc. etc. The lady asked me to confirm that cash had been dispensed and I said yes. She then went on to explain that cash isn't dispensed until the card has been retrieved to which I rather indignantly replied that it had in my case. At this point my wife nudged me, I turned to look at her and she was holding my open wallet and pointing to my debit card sitting in its pocket. I looked at her in horror, I had unconsciously removed my card from the ATM and replaced it in my wallet while chatting to my wife. I mumbled humble apologies to the lady on the phone explaining that my card had miraculously just popped out of the machine and all was now well, thanked her for her help and said goodbye as I kept my head down past the queue.
My wife has adopted a new phrase which she uses when I mess up now, ATM: Absolutely Thick Mate.
I think it's a bit harsh really but, well deserved I supose:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
A Hobbit.......I can live with that (been called worse :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )....
Congratulations on your new Woosie Club qualification
Welcome to the club.............................Sir Hobbit
You can officially add that to your signature BUT only on the approval of our currrent King , King Hutch

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, here's my bid to join the esteemed Woosie Club.
A couple of months ago my wife and I were staying in Northumberland. We went into Seahouses for lunch and to draw some cash from a cash machine. The hole in the wall we chose was outside the Co-Op. I put my card in, entered my PIN, chose the cash amount and made some remarks to my wife about nothing in particular. The cash was duly dispensed and I waited patiently for my card to be returned to me. I waited, and waited but, the card didn't appear. A couple of people had then formed a queue behind us to whom my wife explained that the ATM had devoured my card. I then ventured into the Co-Op but, of course, they don't have access to the cash dispenser but the young lady in there did give me a number to ring. I went back outside and phoned the number while my wife explained to the growing queue that my card had been devoured and the cash machine wasn't working. The first message I got before being put through to a real live person was that if the ATM retains a card it can't be retrieved and I should contact my bank and cancel my card. This of course also means getting a new card and having to update every damn account that card is registered with. I then got put through to a lovely young lady to whom I explained my predicament, being on holiday, needing my card etc. etc. The lady asked me to confirm that cash had been dispensed and I said yes. She then went on to explain that cash isn't dispensed until the card has been retrieved to which I rather indignantly replied that it had in my case. At this point my wife nudged me, I turned to look at her and she was holding my open wallet and pointing to my debit card sitting in its pocket. I looked at her in horror, I had unconsciously removed my card from the ATM and replaced it in my wallet while chatting to my wife. I mumbled humble apologies to the lady on the phone explaining that my card had miraculously just popped out of the machine and all was now well, thanked her for her help and said goodbye as I kept my head down past the queue.
My wife has adopted a new phrase which she uses when I mess up now, ATM: Absolutely Thick Mate.
I think it's a bit harsh really but, well deserved I supose:tearsofjoy:
Has to be Sir ATM...........whats your thoughts King Hutchy
Again can be used on approval of our King for your signature.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts