Woosie Club

Page 342 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Sorry Grey. No. We are all in favour of one, but the implementation is failing. Feel free to take the reins.
Mel
Let's say theoretically I were to tackle this, I would go about it the following way.
Will prospective attendees tell me their nearest town. That way I will plot a map of woosies wishing to attend which will help with selecting a prospective site.
Secondly a two (better still three) consecutive weekend date range when they are available in Sep / Oct
Let's see how that pans out!
The site will by default suit all the above and
Have a pub/restaurant on site or a good one nearby
Be pooch friendly
Have FSP's (one for me :))
Have a suitable open space for an afternoon/evening bring and braai bash!
(Or something similar)
Following on something might happen.
Perhaps it's too short notice, we will see!

Reactions: Steve1962 and Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Let's say theoretically I were to tackle this, I would go about it the following way.
Will prospective attendees tell me their nearest town. That way I will plot a map of woosies wishing to attend which will help with selecting a prospective site.
Secondly a two (better still three) consecutive weekend date range when they are available in Sep / Oct
Let's see how that pans out!
The site will by default suit all the above and
Have a pub/restaurant on site or a good one nearby
Be pooch friendly
Have FSP's (one for me :))
Have a suitable open space for an afternoon/evening bring and braai bash!
(Or something similar)
Following on something might happen.
Perhaps it's too short notice, we will see!
Hmm! Strange to hear an Englishman use the term "braai". Braai is a great idea as long as there is also Castle, boerewors and maybe sosaties. :LOL:

Reactions: Grey13

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Well done Grey. We are booked up for September and the only weekend free in October is 6th/7th/8th and that is at a squeeze.
However if you want to organise a Spring meet, May is completely free.
Our nearest town is Ashbourne Derbyshire.
Good luck
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Grey
We are away most of September. October the Wyoming goes into the caravan hospital for surgery.
Next April May we shall be heading to the Scotland via North Yorkshire.
We are by Cirencester Gloucs.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey, as you can see the responses from the Woosies, I have had help from Mel and Dusty Dog to get last year's meetup at The Coachman in Snainton, last October. Since then I have been trying to get a meeting together since June see, # 8489. I think it was decided " off forum" that we would try for a Woosie meet in the spring.
If anyone is going away and would maybe like to meet up with others, just post on here, that they are at site XXX, at (date) , and if people are free and able to meet up. .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Grey, thank you for trying to arrange a meet.

Sorry I cant also commit at this stage, more hospital appointments looming starting next week.
We were due to go away next Sunday for 5 days, and now Elaine has got an appointment for a 24 hr Heart monitor next Monday. ( Last two monitors have failed to copy) so delayed, by two days.

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey, as you can see the responses from the Woosies, I have had help from Mel and Dusty Dog to get last year's meetup at The Coachman in Snainton, last October. Since then I have been trying to get a meeting together since June see, # 8489. I think it was decided " off forum" that we would try for a Woosie meet in the spring.
If anyone is going away and would maybe like to meet up with others, just post on here, that they are at site XXX, at (date) , and if people are free and able to meet up. .
As a follow up, we will be at The Rose and Crown Cl site, in Ridgemont, Bedfordshire, fron Tuesday 29th August for 4 nights. MK43 0TY. No FSP.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We were due to go away next Sunday for 5 days, and now Elaine has got an appointment for a 24 hr Heart monitor next Monday. ( Last two monitors have failed to copy) so delayed, by two days.
Hi Hutch, love to Elaine and hope all goes well.
We were trying to slip away tonight for 3 night hotel stay as a last minute getaway, but Mags had to try and get into the dentist as she is in a bit of pain so even that had a stop put on it.
PS was doing hotel as dont trust Kia to pull the van!!

• Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well folks, we have two very nice sounding members to The Woosie club,
Steve 1962, purely for being a Muppet in the carpark,
And Paulus1959, who sounds like he will never gain an BAR. .
As Kinghy I withhold naming until attending a Woosiefest.
Ok Woosies, let's try and get together. ,
I need to hand over the Crown, Toilet roll and WC plaque. .
I will roll with Greys thoughts.
Name area, range willing to travel, remember most fests will try and go from a mid week to mid week. So people can travel .and decide for themselves how long to stay.

Can I just get base areas and range to travel , at first please.
Thanks Hutch.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hey, I’m not only a Muppet in the car park🤣🤣🤣
Will struggle to make a meet unless I drive there just for the day which am happy to do.

Captain Chaos

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well to prove my competency to Reign for at least this last year,
Upon leaving the house on Tuesday morning, caravan towed lovely , mirrors perfect. Got about 2 miles from home. Left my wallet at home . Drive home. Full turn in the cul de sac. Perfect. Got to to site. Blue Lias , at Stockton.ramped the caravan up. Went too far overrode the ramp. Retrieved it. Placed it back into posito, tried the motor mover, that was slipping , so rehitched and got the van satisfactory for Mrs H. It wasn't right but I am not arguing.
Then it turns out I had stepped in the Goose Poo, and dragged it into the van, other than that a great couple of days away.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Well to prove my competency to Reign for at least this last year,
Upon leaving the house on Tuesday morning, caravan towed lovely , mirrors perfect. Got about 2 miles from home. Left my wallet at home . Drive home. Full turn in the cul de sac. Perfect. Got to to site. Blue Lias , at Stockton.ramped the caravan up. Went too far overrode the ramp. Retrieved it. Placed it back into posito, tried the motor mover, that was slipping , so rehitched and got the van satisfactory for Mrs H. It wasn't right but I am not arguing.
Then it turns out I had stepped in the Goose Poo, and dragged it into the van, other than that a great couple of days away.
I think you must be my long lost brother 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Great to welcome 2 more Woosies.
Hutch; you, me and Grey have all had a go at organising a Woosiefest based on consensus and commitment to dates. For various good reasons, folks are not able to put their names to a date .
Your and Grey’s plan of starting with area and travel range is a good one. Can I suggest that when you you have identified an area, we look for a site that will be happy if a group were to accumulate but not worry about pinning down numbers. Then just name a date and the place and leave it to individual Woosies to book ahead or at the last minute ( if there is still space).
Happy to help and Grey is already co-opted. 😀

We are near Ashbourne Derbyshire and happy to go anywhere in a 3to 4 hour radius. Which covers pretty much all of England and most of Wales.
mel

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Well folks, we have two very nice sounding members to The Woosie club,
Steve 1962, purely for being a Muppet in the carpark,
And Paulus1959, who sounds like he will never gain an BAR. .
As Kinghy I withhold naming until attending a Woosiefest.
Ok Woosies, let's try and get together. ,
I need to hand over the Crown, Toilet roll and WC plaque. .
I will roll with Greys thoughts.
Name area, range willing to travel, remember most fests will try and go from a mid week to mid week. So people can travel .and decide for themselves how long to stay.

Can I just get base areas and range to travel , at first please.
Thanks Hutch.
I take it you mean next year?
Chester.
Most any weekend next year at the moment.
Cheers.

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Yippee......more time on my hands to do stuff I like doing like more caravanning :)

Just taken 11 months to sell our old house over in Sussex and I've been having to keep going back to garden and keep an eye on things....190 mile round trip each time.
That and settling into the new house and other problems meant the caravan has been virtually mothballed.
Next year.......to infinity and beyond :cool:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Yippee......more time on my hands to do stuff I like doing like more caravanning :)

Just taken 11 months to sell our old house over in Sussex and I've been having to keep going back to garden and keep an eye on things....190 mile round trip each time.
That and settling into the new house and other problems meant the caravan has been virtually mothballed.
Just seen this Bill.

Nice to have house sale transactions concluded and be able to move on to whatever you had planned.

Enjoy. (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi Bill Hoping that this new start with your plans are all achieved .an exciting time for you , one which you continue to enjoy Good luck

Reactions: Gafferbill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts