Woosie Club

Page 349 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
YEP....
Spot on Kevin!
Santa Fe just cost me £1100.00 for repairs to do with turbocharger actuator controls.
Sometimes caused by being too gentle with the throttle - the variable vanes in the turbo need "exercising" to keep them free of the carbon which would cause them to seize - an occasional "Italian tune-up" does the trick.

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Sometimes caused by being too gentle with the throttle - the variable vanes in the turbo need "exercising" to keep them free of the carbon which would cause them to seize - an occasional "Italian tune-up" does the trick.
Otherwise known as “letting the engine breathe”. ………. Apparently

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
.......my Santa Fe is only used to tow a 1600kgs caravan and solo when away.
Me thinks I need to use it more solo as opposed to using our Kia Ceed.
Our Santa Fe is the only car we have, and I use it fairly hard at times, during its first 5 years we were towing a lot around France and going to Switzerland twice a year, so it hasn't had a slow life.
I just hope I haven't put a Bill and Kev jinx on it. Only 96k miles on it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Otherwise known as “letting the engine breathe”. ………. Apparently
Even with a petrol turbo and solo driving I occasionally have to give it some welly as in most circumstances it’s rarely challenged. When I took my pre owned Forester XT on its first trip to the Midlands I gave it some on the long hill on the Fosse up to Stow in the Wold. Surprising what muck came out the back.

Reactions: RogerL
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......I've only owned my 2016 Santa Fe 18 months and it's now done 54K miles. I know about thrashing diesels now and again.
IMO the 200bhp engine never really works hard when solo but it does do a bit of work when towing our caravan when accelerating or climbing hills. Auto gearbox will drop to 5th at 3000 +revs on a motorway incline for instance.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Came across this site today and may be a Woosie'e delight. It has a number of pitches all with electric, some hard standing and others grass. It has a restaurant that serves basic meals, but a very nice breakfast and it also serves beer and cider at £4 a pint. You can sit inside or outside. Numerous fishing lakes around and a couple of animals around like Alpacas. Lots of dog walks around the area. Worcester is straight down the road.

For a posher meal The Masons's Arms is less than a mile down the road, but drinks are expensive. Alternatively towards Worcester there is the Bell Inn.

See https://cobhouse.org/

Reactions: Hutch and Steve1962
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Before you commit to a static BB makesure you are happy with the contract terms. The BBC ran an article yesterday that showed the potential pitfalls. HMG even have a page(s) to brief potential buyers on the purchase risks and downstream ones too. A thread not too long ago discussed one members experience where he was required to take it off the site or face a big drop in value if sold back to the park company.

HMG is planning to investigate the business in the future.

Really is a case of Due Diligence and Caveat Emptor times N

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
BB did post in the Renting a Cottage thread that he would consider a static or lodge if he could get one at a reasonable price.
Then he needs to prepare to lose a shed load of money. There are so many horror stories about people who pay +£60k for a static and then come to sell it a couple of years later and can only sell it through the park who offers them a measly sum for the static. There was a very recent case on the BBC about this practice. However static ownership etc is probably best discussed on a new thread? :unsure:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Then he needs to prepare to lose a shed load of money. There are so many horror stories about people who pay +£60k for a static and then come to sell it a couple of years later and can only sell it through the park who offers them a measly sum for the static. There was a very recent case on the BBC about this practice. However static ownership etc is probably best discussed on a new thread? :unsure:
Agree, the link to two stories of woe is in my post just above.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts