Woosie Club

Page 349 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
YEP....
Spot on Kevin!
Santa Fe just cost me £1100.00 for repairs to do with turbocharger actuator controls.
Sometimes caused by being too gentle with the throttle - the variable vanes in the turbo need "exercising" to keep them free of the carbon which would cause them to seize - an occasional "Italian tune-up" does the trick.

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Sometimes caused by being too gentle with the throttle - the variable vanes in the turbo need "exercising" to keep them free of the carbon which would cause them to seize - an occasional "Italian tune-up" does the trick.
Otherwise known as “letting the engine breathe”. ………. Apparently

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
.......my Santa Fe is only used to tow a 1600kgs caravan and solo when away.
Me thinks I need to use it more solo as opposed to using our Kia Ceed.
Our Santa Fe is the only car we have, and I use it fairly hard at times, during its first 5 years we were towing a lot around France and going to Switzerland twice a year, so it hasn't had a slow life.
I just hope I haven't put a Bill and Kev jinx on it. Only 96k miles on it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Otherwise known as “letting the engine breathe”. ………. Apparently
Even with a petrol turbo and solo driving I occasionally have to give it some welly as in most circumstances it’s rarely challenged. When I took my pre owned Forester XT on its first trip to the Midlands I gave it some on the long hill on the Fosse up to Stow in the Wold. Surprising what muck came out the back.

Reactions: RogerL
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......I've only owned my 2016 Santa Fe 18 months and it's now done 54K miles. I know about thrashing diesels now and again.
IMO the 200bhp engine never really works hard when solo but it does do a bit of work when towing our caravan when accelerating or climbing hills. Auto gearbox will drop to 5th at 3000 +revs on a motorway incline for instance.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Came across this site today and may be a Woosie'e delight. It has a number of pitches all with electric, some hard standing and others grass. It has a restaurant that serves basic meals, but a very nice breakfast and it also serves beer and cider at £4 a pint. You can sit inside or outside. Numerous fishing lakes around and a couple of animals around like Alpacas. Lots of dog walks around the area. Worcester is straight down the road.

For a posher meal The Masons's Arms is less than a mile down the road, but drinks are expensive. Alternatively towards Worcester there is the Bell Inn.

See https://cobhouse.org/

Reactions: Hutch and Steve1962
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Before you commit to a static BB makesure you are happy with the contract terms. The BBC ran an article yesterday that showed the potential pitfalls. HMG even have a page(s) to brief potential buyers on the purchase risks and downstream ones too. A thread not too long ago discussed one members experience where he was required to take it off the site or face a big drop in value if sold back to the park company.

HMG is planning to investigate the business in the future.

Really is a case of Due Diligence and Caveat Emptor times N

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
BB did post in the Renting a Cottage thread that he would consider a static or lodge if he could get one at a reasonable price.
Then he needs to prepare to lose a shed load of money. There are so many horror stories about people who pay +£60k for a static and then come to sell it a couple of years later and can only sell it through the park who offers them a measly sum for the static. There was a very recent case on the BBC about this practice. However static ownership etc is probably best discussed on a new thread? :unsure:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Then he needs to prepare to lose a shed load of money. There are so many horror stories about people who pay +£60k for a static and then come to sell it a couple of years later and can only sell it through the park who offers them a measly sum for the static. There was a very recent case on the BBC about this practice. However static ownership etc is probably best discussed on a new thread? :unsure:
Agree, the link to two stories of woe is in my post just above.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dear Woosies, I would like to report that Dusty Dog , has had his shoulder replacement successfully done, He is in good humour but has to be in a sling for a couple of weeks , then Physiotherapy for several weeks.
If I have any more information I will pass it on,
Oh yes, He hopes to be on the dry until Christmas. We shall see.
Hutch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Dear Woosies, I would like to report that Dusty Dog , has had his shoulder replacement successfully done, He is in good humour but has to be in a sling for a couple of weeks , then Physiotherapy for several weeks.
Hutch.
Thanks Hutch. Glad to know it is all going according to plan.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hutch.
That’s good news. Thank you for the update. Off of pop for so long will save a new year subscription to Slimmers World. 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts