15" lcd tv

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have seen a DIGIX 15" lcd tv for £199 in our local sainsburys today.It has a 12v DC input in the back.Has anyone got one these tv's and used it via the 12v socket in the caravan? Or can anyone recommend any other cheap 12v lcd tv's for use in the van?

thanks...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike, Hi.

Just bought one of these for the wife as a TV for the kitchen but also to take away in the caravan. Looked all over, found this to be best value. 15.4 inch screen, teletext, s-video, scart and a analog PC input as well as a TV! Not tried it on 12v yet but should be ok. We nearly always have mains anyway.

It only weighs about 3kg and so much slimmer than a normal CRT TV...go get one!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm interested in this issue too. My LCD TV has the 12v input & is supplied with 12v via an inbuilt transformer that plugs into the 12v socket from the 240v mains supply. My local electrical shop person was unsure about the direct link to the 12v supply as the battery can apparently put out 13+ volts & they were unsure if the TV would cope with that so I haven't tried it out. Sounds like it will be OK if your other respondents are to be listened to? would any technical people care to comment?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a new Coachman Golden Festival (450/2). We know nothing about Coachman (we currently have a 93 Avondale which is great) but would appreciate any views on whether the Coachman is a good buy or not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Sainsburys hasn't got any of these TVs, but I have found the Alba LCD15TV 15in TFT LCD TV available at Argos for a similar price,

TRENDING THREADS