2007 forum users rally

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hope you can make it to the meet, Steve. Lord knows what we will do if someone breaks a spring on their Ford again!

Up to now, two sites have been mentioned, do we want a final vote on this with say, next Saturday as the closing date for the decision? I would be happy to attend both (providing there isn't a fuel shortage) but at least we could put it to bed and move on with the planning. So is it Sherwood or Riverside?

Steve, could we have the list of those that have shown an interest in attending? Lisa, could you go through any details of the first meet that we need to sort out for this one?

Can I have a pitch that has a deep recess in it , so we're not looking down on you tug'ers? These questions and more answered at the meet....

Must remember to remove my hub caps again.
I have a Chevy, not sure which one of us is in it, the deepest?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Chevy, not sure which one of us is in it, the deepest?
It's like me Lolly, doesn't like getting up in the morning. Hopefully a new battery will cure that, then I'll do something about the motorhome!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
If any of you can help with the organisation please post as although more than happy to do anything I can to get the meet up and running most of you will know that I work long days and weekends and being unable to use the net and to a certain extent the telephone for private use during the day my time is limited to a few hours each night once the kids are asleep.

Once we have decided the site which hopefully will be by next Saturday we need somebody to liase with them on our behalf, find out the charges and arrange how we can pay them ,as individuals.Can we stay longer,arrive early etc. Any takers ?

The organisation of what we are actually doing when we are there ,I think, will take it's own course as we get closer.Do we want fancy dress,BBQ etc.

We really need to get exact numbers of people attending. Some have posted showing an interest but we need them to post again with a definate YES.It may be possible for some to join later but there will be a time when the site is full so we must know ASAP.

Roy,Lisa,from your experience organising last years is there anything we are missing,need to do ?

Steve,If you can get involved with a 4x4 day I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.

Brian (",)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Allyson,do you have a preference of site ? I think I jumped the gun by saying Riverside as there were also people saying Sherwood. I think as Lol suggests setting a time limit to vote is the best way to decide. For me , everything seems to be a long drive so I'll go with the flow.

Brian (",)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Is Sherwood much further north? Might have to change my mind ;O)

No seriously happy with either.I'm trying to arrive the day before if possible and maybe stay an extra day to avoid the traffic, depends on the kids holidays.

Brian (",)

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Stafford would be the nearest for us, but we would have to see what shift my husband ends on to commit to go up as far as Sherwood.
Sorry should have typed in Straford-Upon-Avon.

Sherwood is about another 60 miles more than Stratford Upon Avon, so if hubby does not finish until late on a Bank Holiday I'm guessing we will arrive to late to check in.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Sherwood would need to be booked NOW. I spoke with the owners a couple of weeks ago and I am going there again this weekend

However, its a 2 hour trip from the midlands so that would probably rule out anyone more south than this

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
I will be coming to the rally next Easter, you cannot miss me as I will be the van covered up all day if it is raining hard, for those you think I am joking read about my disasterous buy in Technical under DAMP.

Sherwood is 3/4 hours from us. I know most CC dont allocate pitches but the one and only rally I have been on was at Kielder CC where they closed off one part of the site and allocated this totally to the rally. Maybe of interest to speak to CC re Clumber if people are interested in this site.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Just to let you know that I received an email off Riverside Caravan Park this morning it read:-

Hello,

Sorry i do not know next years prices as yet , and i start to take next years bookings on 3rd January 2007.

If you do decide to use this site, we will have to get in quick after Xmas.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Sherwood would need to be booked NOW. I spoke with the owners a couple of weeks ago and I am going there again this weekend

However, its a 2 hour trip from the midlands so that would probably rule out anyone more south than this
mite see you round

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you want to give them a ring on 01623 823132 in the morning Mark, you could see how the land lies with them, and what the options are. I would do it myself, but the side of a motorway is a noisy place and not ideal for a phone conversation.

TRENDING THREADS