70 years old

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Has any one any information on the current position renewing their license .
I am approaching that age now and had arranged a medical so I could keep my C1 but that probably is not going to happen now .
Anybody know if deferral is possible?
Thanks
Alan

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Has any one any information on the current position renewing their license .
I am approaching that age now and had arranged a medical so I could keep my C1 but that probably is not going to happen now .
Anybody know if deferral is possible?
Thanks
Alan
You will probably receive the normal new “ ordinary” licence valid for three years after 70. This just requires you to fill out the necessary form and shortly afterwards the licence arrives.
I suspect you will have to defer C1 unless you can find a doctor willing to spend time with you which given the current situation doesn’t come under the criterion of essential activity. Then when all of this is over upgrade back to C1.

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
You will probably receive the normal new “ ordinary” licence valid for three years after 70. This just requires you to fill out the necessary form and shortly afterwards the licence arrives.
I suspect you will have to defer C1 unless you can find a doctor willing to spend time with you which given the current situation doesn’t come under the criterion of essential activity. Then when all of this is over upgrade back to C1.
I rather thought that might have to happen but cant find any information if the C1 can be applied retrospectively

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I rather thought that might have to happen but cant find any information if the C1 can be applied retrospectively
No the HMG Gov/DVSA website gives lots of info on deferred moT, no driving tests and certain driver hours exemptions, but nothing re your query. Good luck anyway.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This might help.

"Re. Applying early.
Now I’m not sure if it applies to C1. But I have to renew my C1+E license and have a medical every year.
The renewed license is often sent out or granted by the DVLA long after the renewal date. The first and second time this happened,I phoned the DVLA to make sure I could still work. The answer was an unequivocal,yes. Unless or until you are told by the DVLA medical team that you are unfit to drive, your license will run on.
Of course I did not have a current license to show my employer, that needed a phone call to Swansea. At my request they assured my manager that I was still licensed.
Not sure if this helps.
Medical examinations providers are available online. D4drivers, or Doctorsonwheels.
From memory £55 and 20 minutes."

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts