AA or RAC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave,i know the dilema,w have caravaned for number of years,covered with green flag,broke down twice,saab 9000,30 mins after break down,in service staion at Birmingham i was on the back of breakdown truck,on route to Scotland,other time waited 15 minutes car repaired at side of road,heartily reccomend them,having said that i have bouight new renault scenic with 3 years aa cover so no point in paying more for green flag......if i were you,i would opt for caravan club green flag mayday,best 70 odd pound youll spend

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we're signed up with Greenflag, never been a problem with them yet....never broken down so never called them...no problem...hope i never have to but its

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you go to www.moneysupermarket.com and follow the link to 'Insurance' on the left of the screen, you'll find a link to an on-line comparison of many breakdown insurances. When I did it GEM came out very favourable (and covered caravans). You need to remember that in most cases it will be the same recovery vehicle that attends to you if you breakdown, no matter who you are insured with. Breakdown companies usually work for a number of insurance companies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I joined Green Flag this year when I purchased my first caravan.

Broke down yesterday (Sunday), could'nt get me going so towed me home.

You get a choice of being towed to a garage or home.

As it was a Sunday, they towed me home, but what I did'nt realize untill the recovery van driver told me, if I contact them today, they will tow my car from home to a garage within miles.

I think this is a very good service

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The RAC will certainly cover caravans, through their Arrival scheme, available through the Camping and Caravanning Club. This is not the cheapest cover available, but it gives total cover, year round, with or without caravan, at home or abroad - and has proved very efficient on the thankfully rare occasions that we have had to use it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have full Green Flag membership through HSBC bank. This included car and caravan, no size stipulated, and also my son with his car is an associate member. The car is covered so if you lend your car to someone and they breakdown they are still covered. I also have included in the deal with the

HSBC additional max

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have Greenflag Mayday cover.

You never know how good the cover is until you really need it as we discover this summer.

We had the misfortune to have a problem with our car on the way home from France in that the engine keep stopping without warning. This happened several times whilst on the return journey complete with caravan in tow and again about 10 miles outside of Plymouth on a busy dual carriageway in the dark!

We phoned Greenflag who were with us within the hour and because of the problem (engine management light on at this point)towed us complete with caravan all the way home to Stockport. They even offered to return the next day to take the car to a garage.

Excellent service that cannot be faulted.

I strongly recommend them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts