ACE 480/2,2005 Aristocrat Radio

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
I Recently bought an ACE 480/2 Aristocrat,the radio/cass is missing. The blanking plate is there, and there are two block connecters still wired up and of course the arial lead.What i need to know is what was fitted as original equipment, does anyone have one and can let me know what make?. Thanks. Alan

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alan I cannot be sure well not 100% but I have not so long ago bought a 4 year old Ace Supreme Twinstar On looking over the van I asked was there a radio with the van I was told no not in the Ace they were never fitted but I was then told I can get you one for about 40 quid and I then thought are you going to sell me the one that was in it.

I have to say Alan the where the radio had been in it was all home made so I guessing there was no radio in the Ace originally

Question here is has your van got and aerial fitted to it. Regards Sir Roger.

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan I cannot be sure well not 100% but I have not so long ago bought a 4 year old Ace Supreme Twinstar On looking over the van I asked was there a radio with the van I was told no not in the Ace they were never fitted but I was then told I can get you one for about 40 quid and I then thought are you going to sell me the one that was in it.

I have to say Alan the where the radio had been in it was all home made so I guessing there was no radio in the Ace originally

Question here is has your van got and aerial fitted to it. Regards Sir Roger.
Yes Roger, it has,and it's factory fitted, i think, it looks professionly done

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Alan I think maybe then your van may never have been fitted with a radio much the same as ours ,

It would seem that they put all the wiring in place ready to fit your own.

I take it the aerial is of a telescopic type fitted to the side of the van.

Regards Sir Roger

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Alan I think maybe then your van may never have been fitted with a radio much the same as ours ,

It would seem that they put all the wiring in place ready to fit your own.

I take it the aerial is of a telescopic type fitted to the side of the van.

Regards Sir Roger
Yes Roger, it is a factory fitting, and after E/mailing Swift group, my reply was was Buy a compatible radio. So i will start doing my home work!. Thanks for the interest and suggestions, i will let you know how i get on.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
My Abbey when new never had a radio fitted, it was just as you described. I bought a radio/cd player from Argos which does the trick.
Hell again your Lordship.

I must be getting common in my old age , do you know Lady Roger said why not try one of those radio cd players from Aldi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts