Adblue question

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You buy windscreen washer fluid in 20 litre containers? That would last me for ever, I only use about 4 litres/year of the Prestone concentrate.
Slight change of subject away from my original post on Adlue as that issue has been resolved.

Topping up the Jeep and the Corolla used up 5 litres of neat Prestone and both were about half full. I paid £9 for 5ltr and the price at the moment is £14 for 5Ltr.

Although only outside for about 10 minutes both hands were nearly frozen. I have decided that the pump is a better option and have ordered that in addition to a another 5ltr bottle of Prestone. Winter is an expensive season! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Slight change of subject away from my original post on Adlue as that issue has been resolved.

Topping up the Jeep and the Corolla used up 5 litres of neat Prestone and both were about half full. I paid £9 for 5ltr and the price at the moment is £14 for 5Ltr.

Although only outside for about 10 minutes both hands were nearly frozen. I have decided that the pump is a better option and have ordered that in addition to an another 5ltr bottle of Prestone. Winter is an expensive season! LOL! :ROFLMAO:
I only ever go to 50/50 with the Prestone Extreme and in non winter months I find 1:20 works well.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I only ever go to 50/50 with the Prestone Extreme and in non winter months I find 1:20 works well.
It has been -1C for two days running. Both cars probably had some of the previous mix left over so although I poured it in neat, it was probably 75% Prestone. Many years ago we had sudden cold snap and the washer water in the Avensis froze even though it was a bit of a mix. The washer bottle cracked and I think it was £90 to replace.

I often wonder about the tubes leading from the washer bottle to the window as surely the fluid if them would freeze a lot quicker than the liquid in the washer bottle?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It has been -1C for two days running. Both cars probably had some of the previous mix left over so although I poured it in neat, it was probably 75% Prestone. Many years ago we had sudden cold snap and the washer water in the Avensis froze even though it was a bit of a mix. The washer bottle cracked and I think it was £90 to replace.

I often wonder about the tubes leading from the washer bottle to the window as surely the fluid if them would freeze a lot quicker than the liquid in the washer bottle?
At times “spend to save” is a good approach.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts