alko wheel jacks

Jun 16, 2005
Visit site
we have just bought a 2005 bailey ranger 460/2 which does not come with a jack or a spair wheel as standard.

So we go to a dealer and buy the alko jack side lift 1600gk max

with the brackets which are ready to bolt on to the chassis which is also made by alko.

We find the holes to bolt on the brackets on to but the (bastards)at bailey who built the van have obstructed the holes on the off side with the heating system hose / near side with the waste water pipes and also a aluminium vent for the fridge/freezer.

so now we are £67.00 worse off and now will have to use a 2 ton trolly jack. anybody alse found this problem.

dougie.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem when having a Powertouch mover fitted, the trunking for the heating came through the floor just where the motor bolted. The fitter resited the mover behind the wheels, but this means that I cannot fit the brackets for the Alko jack system.

Steve W

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
I had a similar problem when having a Powertouch mover fitted, the trunking for the heating came through the floor just where the motor bolted. The fitter resited the mover behind the wheels, but this means that I cannot fit the brackets for the Alko jack system.

Steve W
I too had a similar problem with a new Series 5 Pageant and contacted Bailey. they told me that I should remove the fixing screws from the pipes that obstruct the jack bracket holes and fit the brackets. there is sufficient flexibilty in the pipes to accomodate the brackets. When the brackets are in place then tighten up the pipe holder screws. It worked, funny thing though was that the supplying dealer was not aware of the problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another word of caution !!!You MUST as Alko advise keep the caravan attached to the car when using the Alko jack as from my experience the caravan will fall off the jack if you don't !Fortunately in my case back onto the axle stands

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just bough a Series 5 Pageant Bretagne and had exactly the same problem. I managed to fit the bracket by undoing the waste pie, fitting the bracket and then re-commecting the waste. Had to cut some of the waste pipe a down little to keep it level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts