another bad experience of caravan club I am afraid

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I quite agree with your last post Allan & Gill. Some of the petty stuff that's been removed by the Mods & this abomination remains, just beggars belief!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I thought the cartoon funny and not at all offensive but obviously others have no sense of humour. Should postings regarding cars, caravans, boats all be removed because there was an accident involving a caravan or car etc.

Obviously the cartoon was not posted with any reference to Finalnd etc. I think it is time some people got a life!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian I could find your post provocative, but I do not wish to rise to the bait, get a life? Is that a play on words unintentionally on your behalf? I find any type of reference to guns extremely offensive when they are taken out of context, especially in this ever increasing gun culture that we live in, and even more so when it depicts a child and I stand by my original post, Finland or otherwise it's in bad taste and that is why it has been removed! I'm sure I am not on my own when I fail to find funny a cartoon with a gun being fired at a child.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The original post was not offensive only in the minds of some. If the incident in Finland had not occured, we probably would not be disputing the cartoon and the moderator, bless their soul, probably would not have removed it.

Please show me a single dangerous gun and I will apologise profusely as there are no dangerous guns, only the idiots behind the trigger.

I was brought up with guns and my collection consisted of a Belguim 7.62 FN rifle, a Star 9mm pistol, a Browning auto shotgun and a Uzi sub machine gun and our children where taught to handle these guns with safety and consideration for others as a gun is only dangerous when in the wrong hands.

They did not have much of a choice due to the dangerous conditions we were living in at the time and may have had to defend themselves at some point which luckily never happened. Anyway as this is now totally off the original subject due to a posting I will leave it at this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Do you not think this subject has gone on long enough,there appears to be 4 or5 people just bickering amongst themselves ,surely if you have a problem with the caravan Club and the general set up,why not take up your complaints and comments with them?Jim

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
I took up caravaning a couple of years ago, to find that the majority of people I met were extremly friendly and could not wait to pass on their advice. At this point we were in the CC&C as friends had suggested that we join them. However we decieded to also join the CC to make the most use of our caravan and all the sites availible to us. On the three times we used the CC sites we had three unpleasant stays for one reason or another and have vowed never to go back. On the last site we visited our neighbours seen our CC&C sticker in our van window and commented that we were one of "them".

Now I ask you what kind of people judge you on what stickers you have on you van!!!!!!!!. I thought the whole idea was to encourage the friendliness atmosphere of the caravaning community so that people knew who you were. I was under the impression that it meant you were up for a cuppa and a dissussion about almost anything. Do people not know what century it is.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
When will people just stop having a go at the club and just enjoy their time away in their vans. We have been club members for 11yrs now and have never had any of these problems along with 99% of other members i would think. JUST ENJOY!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote from Ian .... "I was brought up with guns and my collection consisted of a Belguim 7.62 FN rifle, a Star 9mm pistol, a Browning auto shotgun and a Uzi sub machine gun and our children where taught to handle these guns with safety and consideration for others as a gun is only dangerous when in the wrong hands.

They did not have much of a choice due to the dangerous conditions we were living in at the time and may have had to defend themselves at some point "

Your name wouldn't be Ian Smith would it?

If you DO reply I take it that the answer is negative.

If you DO NOT reply I will take it as affirmative because he's just died.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Just came back from being away.

Sorry if my cartoon caused offence to a minority as it was not intended.

Perhaps my sense of humour is on another level or perhaps people should just lighten up!

Edd

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Quote from Ian .... "I was brought up with guns and my collection consisted of a Belguim 7.62 FN rifle, a Star 9mm pistol, a Browning auto shotgun and a Uzi sub machine gun and our children where taught to handle these guns with safety and consideration for others as a gun is only dangerous when in the wrong hands.

They did not have much of a choice due to the dangerous conditions we were living in at the time and may have had to defend themselves at some point "

Your name wouldn't be Ian Smith would it?

If you DO reply I take it that the answer is negative.

If you DO NOT reply I will take it as affirmative because he's just died.
Although as a police man in Rhodesia I often did guard duty at his residence but it was only in South Africa that I met him face to face on a personal basis. The man was a true visionary and Britain could do with a leader similar to him as it will become Great Britain again.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
We can't believe that this deplorable cartoon still remains, and other far less offensive posts are removed within the bat of an eyelid.

Allan & Gill. (On the move to Daventry)
I hope your NOT on the move to Daventry!!!

Edd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts