Aquaroll - Heated?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I still have and have had businesses either importing from China / Taiwan or manufacturing products and have visited both on numerous occasions. Like everywhere in an economy you get bad, middle and top end manufacturers. I fail to see why you would even suggest "boycotting" an entire country for being normal. I wonder if you also advocate "boycotting" British products, afterall we had the horse meat scandal! To be perfectly honest it would be better IMO if you kept your personal prejudices out of my threads and stick to "water heating" especially by way of supplementing the hot water supply in a van. Thanks. If the powers that be don't like my post, feel free to delete but IMO far too often threads are hijacked and veer completely of topic.
I have not suggested boycotting Chinese products, so I am not clear as to why you have used my post in this way.

I have suggested being careful about choosing safe products, which is where sadly some (especially cheaper) Chinese product can be suspect., But the same argument applies to any product from any source.

My suspicion about the product you have identified stemmed from the inclusion of oriental writing on the package, and poor English. As long as you are satisfied it is safe to use.

Reactions: Grey13
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, but, I think that in the persons setup, that non return valve was part of the original installation.

John
I agree systems will generally have an NRV already fitted usually at the pump inlet or on the pressure switch. There are generally several eappings off teh cold supply before it reaches the heating system. If your system was implemented as shown, hot water will make its way back into the cold supply line, and could find its way to other cold outlets.

Your system must have an NRV to prevent back feeding into the cold supply line, even if there are other NRV's already fitted at the pump inlet or Pressure valve.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As someone who has kept tropical fish for many years, the heaters do that too, even though they are left on all the time. I am not familiar with the one shown so cannot comment on it but a looks a little on the cheap side. It looks to be from a reputable supplier though so I would not worry but if you have any doubts google the item ad see if you get any adverse reports.
I am afraid all these items tend to be made in China or the far East so the fact it is made there is not a problem.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As someone who has kept tropical fish for many years, the heaters do that too, even though they are left on all the time. I am not familiar with the one shown so cannot comment on it but a looks a little on the cheap side. It looks to be from a reputable supplier though so I would not worry but if you have any doubts google the item ad see if you get any adverse reports.
I am afraid all these items tend to be made in China or the far East so the fact it is made there is not a problem.
Most of the worlds computer chips come from TSMC a Taiwan company. The latest versions have transistors sized at 5 nanometres, 1000 times smaller than a red blood cell, and 24 times smaller than a Covid virus. On balance I’ve had far more good stuff from the Far East than poor, and I’m finding it hard to recollect anything that wasnt as advertised.

Years ago at university I used to import and sell winter quilted jackets from Hong Kong which went towards supplementing my grant. All without the benefit of internet or air freight. I had numerous repeat orders from buyers whose family and friend wanted them. The jackets were superb , and cheap.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I agree systems will generally have an NRV already fitted usually at the pump inlet or on the pressure switch. There are generally several eappings off teh cold supply before it reaches the heating system. If your system was implemented as shown, hot water will make its way back into the cold supply line, and could find its way to other cold outlets.

Your system must have an NRV to prevent back feeding into the cold supply line, even if there are other NRV's already fitted at the pump inlet or Pressure valve.

To be clear it’s not MY system. I pinched and copied the idea from another forum. But I think it would work very well though it would be of no benefit to the way we use the shower.

I fully agree that with you that a nrv is needed prior to the ‘improvement’. But as the hot water worked before the installation I would assume it is already there and positioned correctly.

Nevertheless. Something to consider.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I still have and have had businesses either importing from China / Taiwan or manufacturing products and have visited both on numerous occasions. Like everywhere in an economy you get bad, middle and top end manufacturers. I fail to see why you would even suggest "boycotting" an entire country for being normal. I wonder if you also advocate "boycotting" British products, afterall we had the horse meat scandal! To be perfectly honest it would be better IMO if you kept your personal prejudices out of my threads and stick to "water heating" especially by way of supplementing the hot water supply in a van. Thanks. If the powers that be don't like my post, feel free to delete but IMO far too often threads are hijacked and veer completely of topic.

I am sorry, but due to a number of poor and faulty products from China that we have encountered plus Covid19, we are trying our best to avoid buying any products from China. I have to admit it is very difficult, but we rather pay extra than have the hassle of returning the faulty item. Obviously there are probably some Chinese manufacturers who do produce good quality items but sadly we do not seem to have come across them.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I am sorry, but due to a number of poor and faulty products from China that we have encountered plus Covid19, we are trying our best to avoid buying any products from China. I have to admit it is very difficult, but we rather pay extra than have the hassle of returning the faulty item. Obviously there are probably some Chinese manufacturers who do produce good quality items but sadly we do not seem to have come across them.
A point of order: You are aware Covid was found in Spain in sewage as early as March 2019? Just saying.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

You will probably find that a high percentage of products you purchase will have much of its components manufactured in China. I agree that there is much rubbish that come out of there and arrives in this country without quality control, there are fakes, those with false certification, etc. But nevertheless the days of ‘made in Hong Kong’ being a derogatory term are long gone. Reputable European companies get supplied either whole products or components from China, but these are made to exacting standards and the Chinese match these at a far cheaper price.

For an eye opener have a look at the WISH shopping site. A large mixture of goods, many of which are laughable. I have bought from them but I set a low price limit. I have had a couple of rubbish bits, but most are OK, and cheap.

Some people are writing reviews of Wish product on YouTube. Interesting viewing.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A point of order: You are aware Covid was found in Spain in sewage as early as March 2019? Just saying.
However that does not mean it originated in Spain. Either way mainly due to poor quality and not Covid 19 we prefer goods from other sources. Our choice. :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You will probably find that a high percentage of products you purchase will have much of its components manufactured in China. I agree that there is much rubbish that come out of there and arrives in this country without quality control, there are fakes, those with false certification, etc. But nevertheless the days of ‘made in Hong Kong’ being a derogatory term are long gone. Reputable European companies get supplied either whole products or components from China, but these are made to exacting standards and the Chinese match these at a far cheaper price.

For an eye opener have a look at the WISH shopping site. A large mixture of goods, many of which are laughable. I have bought from them but I set a low price limit. I have had a couple of rubbish bits, but most are OK, and cheap.

Some people are writing reviews of Wish product on YouTube. Interesting viewing.

John
I do wish we had a wider choice instead of having to buy goods from China. Being solely dependent on China for many items is very, very bad for us as proven recently.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I do wish we had a wider choice instead of having to buy goods from China. Being solely dependent on China for many items is very, very bad for us as proven recently.

Now that we do agree on. If only we were a manufacturing nation instead of having an economy built on banking and leisure.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
However that does not mean it originated in Spain. Either way mainly due to poor quality and not Covid 19 we prefer goods from other sources. Our choice. :)
Who's we? As already stated I import great quality engineering products from both China and Taiwan. I guess you did not say what you meant and probably should have said "Either way mainly due to poor quality and not Covid 19 we I prefer goods from other sources." which is fine by me.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Who's we? As already stated I import great quality engineering products from both China and Taiwan. I guess you did not say what you meant and probably should have said "Either way mainly due to poor quality and not Covid 19 we I prefer goods from other sources." which is fine by me. Note to admin or whoever: I stayed away from this forum for many months exactly because threads about specific caravanning topics are hijacked by some, as is has happened here. My interest is caravanning and to be quite clear I have no interest in others posters political or other unrelated opinions at all. Unless this does not stop shortly I will once again revert to another forum where people stick to the topics.

Always strange how different people interpret what might be innocent remarks. Personally, I believe that by ‘we’ Buckman simply meant his immediate family, and not the wider public.

For me, topics straying (a bit). And varied interpretation, ideas, opinions etc. Are what makes forums interesting. Keeping just to Caravanning would be limited and boring.

But just my opinion.

John

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Always strange how different people interpret what might be innocent remarks. Personally, I believe that by ‘we’ Buckman simply meant his immediate family, and not the wider public.

For me, topics straying (a bit). And varied interpretation, ideas, opinions etc. Are what makes forums interesting. Keeping just to Caravanning would be limited and boring.

But just my opinion.

John
Guess that might be the case. I will let anyone that is interested in the AquaRoll heating experiment know in a week or two's time how it went. Looking forward to trying it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Guess that might be the case. I will let anyone that is interested in the AquaRoll heating experiment know in a week or two's time how it went. Looking forward to trying it.

Back on you topic. Like I have already stated. It would not suit me, nor would the extra hot water storage tank I put forward. That’s only because we find we have perfectly adequate showers almost one after the other every morning and all with enough water in the aquaroll to do the breakfast dishes. But also, with less waste water emptying to do.

So just wondered if you had considered the extra collection and disposal of waste needed.

John

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
John, in truth I can only use fully serviced sites. (For health reasons) so it will not ever be a problem. Tap to aquaroll c/w ball valve and drain straight into grey water disposal drain.:)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Remind me Grey
Did you opt for the Alde Flow extra in your running hot water quest. Fro what I read I may be tempted next season.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you are heating an aquaroll with a fish tank heater what are the chances of Legionnaires disease developing? I know that to kill it, the temperature needs to be over 60C.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty remote and I would not worry about it. I would assume the heater will be down below 20 c so should be running at the sort of temperature you would reach in a hot summer and that is no problem.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is pretty remote and I would not worry about it. I would assume the heater will be down below 20 c so should be running at the sort of temperature you would reach in a hot summer and that is no problem.
Correct it is remote, but still a possibility. We never drink water from the caravan taps and also use a Britex filter jug.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve posted several times about the risk of legionnaires from showers in vans etc and provided links to the HSE website. As said above the chances are extremely low to zero. I use the words “ extremely low” in the nuclear sense where wecare talking lots of zeros in front of the probability figures. I just can’t imagine why folks get so worked up. I bet some even but the Elsan screenwash which tempts the buyer by saying it fights legionaries. Anyone ever heard of a motorist catching it from the screenwash?

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve posted several times about the risk of legionnaires from showers in vans etc and provided links to the HSE website. As said above the chances are extremely low to zero. I use the words “ extremely low” in the nuclear sense where wecare talking lots of zeros in front of the probability figures. I just can’t imagine why folks get so worked up. I bet some even but the Elsan screenwash which tempts the buyer by saying it fights legionaries. Anyone ever heard of a motorist catching it from the screenwash?
I am not sure but doesn't a lot depend on how high the water is heated as it seems to thrive at temperatures between 25C and 45C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts