Article in todays Mail on Sunday

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Good PR from the card company who refunded most of the money but I am not sure if the customer kept the caravan as well as the £9k from the card company. If he did he has hit the jackpot.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The moral here is "if you get no satisfaction go to the press". Once they get hold of a story it is surprising how attitudes change.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Accoring to the Daily Mail the Wandahome are reported to have stated that repairs had been carried out to a satisfactory standard free of charge 'as a goodwill gesture to Mr & Mrs M for any inconvenience they had experienced'.
I would have thought that the caravan would have been covered by some sort of warranty if the customer had paid £10,500 plus their old caravan as a part ex.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The real lesson here is to buy your next caravan , new or used ,on your credit card.
Even payment of the deposit , over £100 , will give you protection under the Consumer Credit Act. Then pay the bill off before you attract interest.
I'd like to know what transpired between Wandahome and Tesco Bank
smiley-undecided.gif

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It would be interesting to know the other side of the story.
Having direct experience of an issue that the press chose to report on, I can no longer simply accept what they print as being necessarily the whole truth. They are only interested in a story with impact, giving all the facts can often simply lose that desired impact.

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that the caravan manufacturer was't mentioned, I would have thought that the the problem should have been referred to the manufacturer and they should have dealt with this problem and resoved it to the buyers satisfaction. The other point was how many faults were major and how many we're minor.
I have bought two caravans from Wandahome and have had no problems with either, there service dept was second to none in my opinion
Alb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts