Awning storm straps

Jun 3, 2022
Visit site
Looking for a good quality awning storm strap kit the type that fits over the front of the awning roof, any recommendations please.

thanks.peter

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I cannot help on the choice of awning straps, as I don't use them. But if you give them a couple of twists before pegging them in, that will stop them from "Humming" when the winds get up a bit.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Watch out for the ones that claim to be “universal” and clip into storm strap fixings already on the awning. In my experience they are not universal” and unclip at the slightest tug.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have storm pegs, springs and straps in our garage. What we use is the storm pegs and the load straps bought from Halfords. The storm strap peg is pegged down inside the awning at the corners. The load strap is then taken from the peg up and over awning pole at the corner. Same way as Isabella storm straps.

We manage to get the Isabella storm strap kit at a reasonable price hence the old ones in the garage. Had them on Preloved website for awhile, but no takers.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As per Buckman
Both our Izzies use the same Isabella storm straps. 18 inch stakes into the ground secured with nylon webs onto the frame poles as described. Never had a problem in major storms. Air awnings can’t use this system. My Loft bound Kampa wasn’t designed for the perfect Izzie system!

Jun 3, 2022
Visit site
As per Buckman
Both our Izzies use the same Isabella storm straps. 18 inch stakes into the ground secured with nylon webs onto the frame poles as described. Never had a problem in major storms. Air awnings can’t use this system. My Loft bound Kampa wasn’t designed for the perfect Izzie system!
Thanks all, I have an Isabella magnum porch awning so will look for there storm straps at reasonable money !!

Peter

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all, I have an Isabella magnum porch awning so will look for there storm straps at reasonable money !!

Peter

Buy load straps from Halfords. I am sure that I have the large metal pegs plus springs somewhere and will try and check.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts