Bailey Pegasus, Coachman Amara or Stealth????

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
I want a four berth, fixed bed, end washroom. The best 3 I've come across are the Bailey Pegasus 534, which has good reviews. Happy about pull out seating arrangements, weights, clear bathroom window. Not happy about on board water system, does anyone know if you can still use aquaroll.
Coachman Amara 560. Happy about bathroom, spacious and lots of places to make it homely, pull out seating, outside awning heater, build quality. Not happy about slightly higher price, thats it really
Stealth Q58 Intrepid Happy about inner layout (spacious), modern design, gimmicks. Not happy about weight, very heavy (plus left the showroom to find somebody had picked one up and was at side of the road with both passanger side wheels off!!!!!)
Does anybody own any of these, who could give me real use advice, or has anyone an opinion on which one for us. 2 adults, younger, like easy set up, like lounging, like lighter, spacious decor. Have lots of gadgets (coffee machines etc) so worksurface and plugs important. Thanks for any help, Sherri

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Peg 534 - The on board water system is supplementary to the aqua roll. Designed to be used in freezing conditions. Just watch the build quality and the stone dent problems.......
smiley-sealed.gif

Don't know about the rest

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you are considering a new Bailey the new anti dent protection should solve the much publicised stone chip problem

The new Coachman has the renowned Coachman build quality but no Alu Tek construction. It's a stylish caravan though.

The Stealth is an innovative modern design, personally I'd want to speak to Stealth owners first before committing.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Having just bought my second coachman I wouldn't consider anything else. Swallow the extra price, there's a reason for it! Okay they aren't perfect every time but still the build quality compensates for the extra cost and weight.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
My personal preference would be the Coachman. I am not a fan of the Bailey (our Bailey is older and feels much more homely where the Pegasus lacks soul) Stealth are great but for me too 'loft apartment' and again lack the soul unless that is your lifestyle

You might want to try a dealer special. Kimberly Caravans near Nottingham do the Kimberley Amara. Pastiche luxury for Amara prices. Worth a look. We looked and were impressed.

Happy hunting. Hope you have better luck than we are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts