Batterys when to replace

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Van folk

At the pack up from the last trip as I normally do I disconnected the mains lead leaving the radio on so we had music (the archers actually) for the final bit of shut down.

When I switch off the battery charger in the wardrobe the radio stopped, I pressed the voltage charge button and it was showing at the bottom of the yellow near the red.

We had been away for a week, everything in the van seems to work okay when the mains is pluggded in.

My question....how many years of use should I get from a leisure battery, we have had this one for 5 years, go vanning every 6 to 8 weeks and always plug into mains.(Swift 540)

Is the battery coming to the end of its life, could the charger be faulty...any ideas

Fouldsy

May 2, 2005
Visit site
I have had my battery for about 4-5 years and it has always been on the van trickle charge.....never a "proper" charger

Just fitted a motor mover which has revealed a battery problem. Got the battery checked and it is only holding a charge of about 6% (of total amps).......although showing 12.8 volts..???

Like you I always use a hook-up and it seems that this does not allow the battery to discharge and recharge properly......perhaps never really getting a charge.

----- David -----

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts