Bodywork Repairs.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have taken out a three year Motoreasy Cosmetic Damage policy at £250 and up to six claims a year to a total if 18 claims. Just had to submit photos to show current condition of the car. It hasn’t even picked up a single stone chip. So no physical check required.
The quote for our current 2018 Jeep is £287 which I admit seems to be reasonable. However I came across this exclusion;
You will not be covered for Minor Cosmetic Damage to horizontal flat surfaces, roofs, bonnets and boot tops where the Approved Repairer deems it not possible to achieve a satisfactory finish using Cosmetic Repair or Touch-in Repair techniques.

Generally it is the bonnet that suffers the most chips?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The quote for our current 2018 Jeep is £287 which I admit seems to be reasonable. However I came across this exclusion;
You will not be covered for Minor Cosmetic Damage to horizontal flat surfaces, roofs, bonnets and boot tops where the Approved Repairer deems it not possible to achieve a satisfactory finish using Cosmetic Repair or Touch-in Repair techniques.

Generally it is the bonnet that suffers the most chips?
But having seen what these technicians achieved on our neighbours car they made a pretty good job of some bonnet chips. That was Chips Away. So I’m prepared to accept the possible limitation as in our second car and Subaru it was side scratches caused by careless people.

TRENDING THREADS