British Airways!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My daughter and her husband run a successful business, and she is clever at saving Avios points from many sources. So, for their 40th anniversary, they booked a 4 day trip to New York.

She just posted this on FB.

Fabulous first experience of BA Business Class today only to land to find out NO luggage had been loaded at all - no wonder they made 20 minutes on the flight time🤣🤣. Hoping and hoping it will be with us today 🤞🏻

I wonder if it was just their luggage not loaded or the whole plane.

She has prebooked every second of the trip with shows and meals and visits. What a bummer. On a short trip, you don't want that hassle.

I know she will hold them to account.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s not good news but hopefully they will still enjoy the trip. It may not be BA that caused the luggage problem, more likely Heathrow’s handling agents. When I had luggage go astray on a business trip I bought the stuff I needed and claimed the charges back.

Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit extreme but luggage not being loaded is not uncommon, as my daughter who used to work at an airport can confirm. The airline do have a duty to provide for the cost of necessary clothing in these circumstances.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Some years ago, relations visited from Australia, After going to Germany, they flew into Birmingham, via Brussels.

I picked them up and had to wait a good while for them to search for their luggage. After this, they gave them a men's and a woman's emergency pack. It was cheap and pathetic, but they enjoyed photographing it and sending it to all they knew on Facebook.

Their luggage arrived two days later by taxi.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My daughter and her husband run a successful business, and she is clever at saving Avios points from many sources. So, for their 40th anniversary, they booked a 4 day trip to New York.

She just posted this on FB.

Fabulous first experience of BA Business Class today only to land to find out NO luggage had been loaded at all - no wonder they made 20 minutes on the flight time🤣🤣. Hoping and hoping it will be with us today 🤞🏻

I wonder if it was just their luggage not loaded or the whole plane.

She has prebooked every second of the trip with shows and meals and visits. What a bummer. On a short trip, you don't want that hassle.

I know she will hold them to account.

John
Hope their trip will still be memorable and the luggage turns up so their plans are all fulfilled as they are hoping for

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I've been flying regularly for over 50 years and never lost a bag.

Came close this year when one bag turned up on the carousel 45mins after the first and when another flight had arrived. I was just filling in the lost luggage claim when we spotted it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts