bunree - who is all going

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
hello all

not sure if i will be allowed to do this but hey ho .......

just wondering who is all heading to bunree this year & when you are going.

we are thinking about it, to go early august. i want a couple of days at the start of my holiday to unwind in the peace & quiet.

cheers

carole

G

Terribly sorry, but as a Scot I am heading the other way. I need warmth and sunshine in my life at frequent intervals. Destination not committed as yet, but it will be either France, Greece or Mallorca.

I spent too many holidays as a child freezing my b..t off in Scottish holidays, but I do hope this year is a good one for a change.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
HI! Dippy27 heading to Bunree 2nd wk of April for week so looking forward to it don,t listen to Scotchlad its not that bad it can be a bit wet but make the best of what you get P.S am scottish and live only 70miles from Bunree and cant wait to get there . have a great time anyway

Cheeeers Duggie

P.S.Scotchlad thats a good way of putting people of coming to Scotland for there holls

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
We're off to Bunree for 6 nights from the 21st August. Looking forward to it. Just hope the midges are kind to us!! Hoping to spend a day on Mull, but the ferry seems really pricey.

Cheers

Tigger

G

Duggie,

I am only stating things that actually happened. After the 3rd or 4th consecutive year of getting washed out in the Highlands in the 60's my parents decided enough was enough and went to Italy the following year, and never had a main holiday in Scotland again. They did do weekends though. I tend to do the same. I have a good friend who lived in Arisaig and he told me it was one of the few places he had seen where the rain could remain horizontal. And he was a Highlander and used to bad weather. Scotland can be a wonderful place to visit and I know many who thoroughly enjoy it. However, as I mentioned I have been overseas for so long my blood has thinned and the cold and wet affect my arthritis, so I prefer much warmer climes.

The main problem is if you only have a limited time. If your 2 weeks is the wettest in July, then it is not a lot of fun. If you have time to sit it out and enjoy the hopefully following sunshine, then things are a lot better.

You also have to excuse me as I live in Edinburgh which has more than its fair share of tourists. It is a common story among us locals that we all leave in July/August and wait until September to get our City back. I happen to live on the bus route to Rosslyn Chapel and I do sympathise with the poor bus drivers who gets asked at every stop 'Is this the bus for Rosslyn' and 'do you have change of a

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Duggie,

I am only stating things that actually happened. After the 3rd or 4th consecutive year of getting washed out in the Highlands in the 60's my parents decided enough was enough and went to Italy the following year, and never had a main holiday in Scotland again. They did do weekends though. I tend to do the same. I have a good friend who lived in Arisaig and he told me it was one of the few places he had seen where the rain could remain horizontal. And he was a Highlander and used to bad weather. Scotland can be a wonderful place to visit and I know many who thoroughly enjoy it. However, as I mentioned I have been overseas for so long my blood has thinned and the cold and wet affect my arthritis, so I prefer much warmer climes.

The main problem is if you only have a limited time. If your 2 weeks is the wettest in July, then it is not a lot of fun. If you have time to sit it out and enjoy the hopefully following sunshine, then things are a lot better.

You also have to excuse me as I live in Edinburgh which has more than its fair share of tourists. It is a common story among us locals that we all leave in July/August and wait until September to get our City back. I happen to live on the bus route to Rosslyn Chapel and I do sympathise with the poor bus drivers who gets asked at every stop 'Is this the bus for Rosslyn' and 'do you have change of a

We plan to stay there early October, we are wondering when we ought to book as I bet this site is one of the ones that people book just in case they decide to go.

We have driven past the site but never stayed there before, have you?

Margaret

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Just booked a week in late June and I see that there are no awning pitches left already - been a few times and its a fantastic location by the side of the loch - never had any midge trouble in the past - the sunsets are unbelievable if the weather is kind - toilet block well upto usual caravan club high standard - plenty to do in the near area - Fort William is about 8 miles way with shops etc - fingers crossed for good weather this year when we are there

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts