CAMC Insurance Broker Devitt sold to Gallagher.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interesting development.
I wonder if this will affect my Caravan Cover with the Club? Probably not . Hard to know who owns who these days, eg Boots the Chemist is up for sale. More drugs 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Interesting development.
I wonder if this will affect my Caravan Cover with the Club? Probably not . Hard to know who owns who these days, eg Boots the Chemist is up for sale. More drugs 🤪🤪🤪🤪
Didn’t Devitt provide a sort of back support cover for CHMC whilst the Clubs resources provided the mainstream financial cover. I’ve not got a record of the Caravan Cover policy any longer.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Devitt, I believe, set up what’s known as a Captive Insurance Company for CAMC.
My cover says the Insurer is”Accredited Insurance (Europe) Limited – UK Branch is authorised and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and is subject to limited regulation by the UK's…..”
Most FTSE 100 multi Nationals tend to use this approach. But they do have long stop reinsurance . To this day Devitt are still the first point of contact for a claim. Gallagher are the worlds number 3 broker so that must be good.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Devitt, I believe, set up what’s known as a Captive Insurance Company for CAMC.
My cover says the Insurer is”Accredited Insurance (Europe) Limited – UK Branch is authorised and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and is subject to limited regulation by the UK's…..”
Most FTSE 100 multi Nationals tend to use this approach. But they do have long stop reinsurance . To this day Devitt are still the first point of contact for a claim. Gallagher are the worlds number 3 broker so that must be good.
Thanks.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Devitt did set up the captive company the club put the business through, arranged the back up re insurance and handle the claims. It is doubtful the new owners will interfere with a large and successful operation, although only time will tell.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Strangely there is a company called Gallagher in South Africa that amongst other things hosts caravan shows like our NEC? I wonder if there is any connection?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Gallagher is a reasonably common name from Scotland, so will crop up in various company names around the world.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got my renewal quote from the CCC Club Care, new for old on a value of £28k. Last year £382. This year would be £435. I will get a quote from CAMC.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got my renewal quote from the CCC Club Care, new for old on a value of £28k. Last year £382. This year would be £435. I will get a quote from CAMC.
Hutch I Had been with CCC for 9 years with the Fleetwood so got quote for new Elddiss, wow fell off the chair £473.00, spoke with them and no discount or movement on the price what so ever.
Got a quote from CAMC for £303.00!!
That's right £170.00 difference for same cover, Ok so I had to join the CAMC for £56.00 but still a massive saving and of course I can now compare the May day and Arrival breakdown cover when it's due, currently May Day showing a cheaper quote but Arrival doesnt run out until later in the year.
Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That's right £170.00 difference for same cover, Ok so I had to join the CAMC for £56.00 but still a massive saving and of course I can now compare the May day and Arrival breakdown cover when it's due, currently May Day showing a cheaper quote but Arrival doesnt run out until later in the year.
Let us know how you get on.
We have top level Mayday cover for both our cars and it is £129 and a saving of over £50 compared to RAC Arrival.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got quote back from CAMC, New For Old would be £477. and Market Value insurance would be £256. I will stick with the CCC for this year.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just got quote back from CAMC, New For Old would be £477. and Market Value insurance would be £256. I will stick with the CCC for this year.
Strange thing is that with CAMC you are not paying tax on the premium so in essence they should be cheaper than C&CC. Also once they quote, they will not budge. At end of year we will be doing more shopping around on new for old.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The C&CC do seem to be getting a lot of criticism for their higher premiums at renewal this year and the CAMH look to have benefitted from this. The CAMH are not cheap but have the best cover I can find and their service is generally beyond reproach although the C&CC is possibly second best.
Frankly I would not just rely on the lowest quotes if changing as many of the policies offered at that point do not match up and the claims service can be poor. A policy should have four or better still 5 star DEFAQTO rating and if it does not then there s probably something missing.
With the two clubs and a few others none of which is likely to be the cheapest you are far better off in the ling run f the worst happens.
You will not normally find insurers will negotiate on premiums on caravan insurance as the rates are fixed for most companies, although a few might..

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The C&CC do seem to be getting a lot of criticism for their higher premiums at renewal this year and the CAMH look to have benefitted from this. The CAMH are not cheap but have the best cover I can find and their service is generally beyond reproach although the C&CC is possibly second best.
Frankly I would not just rely on the lowest quotes if changing as many of the policies offered at that point do not match up and the claims service can be poor. A policy should have four or better still 5 star DEFAQTO rating and if it does not then there s probably something missing.
With the two clubs and a few others none of which is likely to be the cheapest you are far better off in the ling run f the worst happens.
You will not normally find insurers will negotiate on premiums on caravan insurance as the rates are fixed for most companies, although a few might..

It remains to be seen if switching to Gallagher makes any difference to the claims process and this will probably take several or more months.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am a bit sceptical to go away from the two main club insurances for our van, on a new for old basis. I can understand that my 9 year old van , insurance will cost more as it is a bigger risk. I might drive really safely but the Numpty that hits me could right off my van. So This year I will stay with the CCC.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I am a bit sceptical to go away from the two main club insurances for our van, on a new for old basis. I can understand that my 9 year old van , insurance will cost more as it is a bigger risk. I might drive really safely but the Numpty that hits me could right off my van. So This year I will stay with the CCC.
With you Hutch, I got quotes from two others as well and they were cheaper still but went with one of the club's CAMC

Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this comes down to trust and cover. We know the clubs policies are trustworthy and give probably the best cover so you are well advised to play safe. As far as Gallagher are concerned they will be using the same staff working from the same office and using the CAMH guidelines, on that basis you should not notice any difference.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I gave up many years ago. My Grandmother did 40 Rothmans a day . Never left her mouth. Her ash lengths were legendary😜
I use to smoke Rothmans roughly 20 day and my wife gave me incentive to stop by saving all money spent on cigarettes to buy a new car .....and it worked and it now been thirty six years since then .(y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts