Camp site near Dublin recommendation

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
We are visiting Southern Ireland for the first time this Easter. We would like recommendations for Camp sites close to Dublin that can be used for one night when we arrive and for several nights at the end of our trip. We need to be close to Dublin as our return Ferry is 08.20! We are intending to go to the Kerry area for the majority of our stay.

Any other advice relevant to our visit would be most welcome, as we have never toured Ireland before.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
T

I have stayed at the site at Clondalikin before. This is about 5 miles from the city centre but there is a bus stop on site which even the open top buses stop at and take you straight into town.

The site itself is fairly modern with reasonable pitches and nice clean facilities.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
T

I have stayed at the site at Clondalikin before. This is about 5 miles from the city centre but there is a bus stop on site which even the open top buses stop at and take you straight into town.

The site itself is fairly modern with reasonable pitches and nice clean facilities.
Camac Valley is the name of the site

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi T

Like you I had never been to Ireland before, in spite of having toured Europe since I was very young. I think it was because when I was working I only had two-week holidays and always wanted to head south towards the sun!

Having retired we had more time, so last year decided to give it a go - and we were very impressed. The scenery is fabulous, especially in the Ring of Kerry area, and the sites were excellent. We mainly used the ones in the Caravan Club book.

The roads are a bit bumpy for caravans, so best to stick to the major ones.

Unfortunately prices are high in Ireland, at the moment, for the British, because of the poor Euro exchange rate - although of course this applies all over the mainland of Europe.

We stayed for a couple of nights at Carnac Valley (as mentioned by Slowcoach) on the way back. The site was recommended to me by a contributor on this forum - can't remember their name. It is a very pleasant site, easily reachable from the motorway as you come up to Dublin from the south, and it is very easy to get into Dublin from there by bus - in fact it would not be difficult to drive in.

We left Carnac Valley to catch the early morning ferry to Holyhead, as you plan to, and drove right through the centre of Dublin with the caravan on tow, to reach the port, and this presented no problems.

Have a good holiday.

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts