campsites in lancashire

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone have recommendations on nice, family friendly campsites in lancashire? "Haven" type sites (like Marton Mere/Blackpool) need not apply, thank you - call me a snob, but I can't be coping with chavs. There are thousands of acres of beautiful countryside in Lancs, it's not just Blackpool and dark satanic mills, so surely there are some nice sites hiding somewhere that I've been unable to find. Can anyone help?

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hello Anne,

Burrs Country park in Bury looks OK, CC site.

We have stayed at a CL in Laneshawbridge, Alma Inn, cheap and OK

Posted earlier looking for a good CL or similair Whalley Clitheroe way.

I have also read decent reports on Lower Clough Foot again CC

Val & Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Angus been away from Lancashire for to long now. Born and bred in Accrington and then moved to Padiham. It's a fair tow from here, down to Gods own Country.

So you going to share some decent sites ???? We need to come down to Lancs/Yorks to clean up some Family History in Skipton Whalley, Clayton le Moors, and Bury

Val & Frank

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi V & F,

I`m probably not the best person to ask as it`s a bit too close to home, but Lower Clough Foot is really nice if you don`t need a toilet block, but we stopped off at Riverside C.P in High Bentham for a recce the other weekend, and it looks excellent, about 30 mins to Skipton or Bury (maybe a tad more) but its in a pretty village, (good food/pubs), in the middle of the YORKSHIRE Dales.

There are also some nice C.Ls in the Bentham area, but we tend to do this area for a day rather than take the van, so can`t really recommend many others. we`ve had a peek at quite a few commercial sites (prefer C.C) but many tend to be too crammed for us.

Riverside do have a website, have a look, seems as good as most.

cheers

Angus

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Anne, I was only looking for a site in Lancashire just yesterday for the new year. here are a couple I found, Venture caravan park in morcambe and Riverside holiday park in southport. Hope this helps if not, try www.ukcampsites.co.uk

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Anne, I was only looking for a site in Lancashire just yesterday for the new year. here are a couple I found, Venture caravan park in morcambe and Riverside holiday park in southport. Hope this helps if not, try www.ukcampsites.co.uk
Well.....they are near lancashire!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts