Cancellin ACSI subscription

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Looking at ACSI website they give three methods to cancel a subscription. Mail, phone or online help/contact form, with a direct email link shown.

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/customerservice-and-contact/

Here’s the email address

shop@acsi.eu

The ACSI website gives the title of the email to be used too.

“ End your subscription - CCA 2020

Perhaps not surprising that replies to the phone aren’t good as no doubt coronavirus can be affecting things. Have you tried HMRC recently?
Having used their online contact form I’d very much doubt that any credit reference could be affected given that you would have evidence of cancellation, you’ve not paid anything further and the items are therefore unsolicited. I assume that they haven’t taken a further payment.
That was the original email address that I used but did not receive a reply. They should not have my card details as I paid annually on production of an invoice. I was first advised of the pending payment for subscription on 24th Sept and there was no mention of 2 month's notice if you want to cancel. On 8th Oct got a reminder to hurry up and pay by 16th Oct. On going to website as above it states that the latest you can cancel is by 1st Oct? No mention of this in any email! They are almost a rogue entity as they are not very upfront with subscriptions. We did benefit from being members until 2018, but were not able to use them in 2019 or 2020, but paid for the books etc. It seems highly unlikely we will be able to use them in 2021.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That is confusing re the cancelation date. Good that you haven’t had to pay anything and since they have sent you reminders to renew and you haven’t renewed youve done all that you reasonably could be expected to do. They are either very inefficient or using a shaky business practice of continuing to send books etc hoping that the recipient will renew.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
By emailing the "shop" I got the following response;

Many thanks for your email.
Normally, it wouldn't be possible anymore, because cancelations need to be with us for the 1st of October, but we will make an exception, because we don't have correct payment details anyway.
Please note you might still receive more email reminding you for the payment details. We can not hold them back so please ignore these.
We would like to thank you for being a subscriber to CampingCard ACSI and will cancel your subscription as requested. The current subscription is valid until 31-12 of this calendar year, and won’t be renewed.
We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

Pity none of the emails mentioned cancelling by 1st Oct however it is now resolved. Thanks to all that offer advice.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
By emailing the "shop" I got the following response;

Many thanks for your email.
Normally, it wouldn't be possible anymore, because cancelations need to be with us for the 1st of October, but we will make an exception, because we don't have correct payment details anyway.
Please note you might still receive more email reminding you for the payment details. We can not hold them back so please ignore these.
We would like to thank you for being a subscriber to CampingCard ACSI and will cancel your subscription as requested. The current subscription is valid until 31-12 of this calendar year, and won’t be renewed.
We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

Pity none of the emails mentioned cancelling by 1st Oct however it is now resolved. Thanks to all that offer advice.
A good outcome at long last.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll keep my ACSI card subscription. The cost is offset by a few nights use and there are several sites in UK which accept the card. We are hoping to go to Spain early next year - friends of ours returned this month and say it's all good. We shan't go unless the Government says it's ok though. We only use ACSI sites in Europe.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally I would think twice before cancelling my next years membership. Reason why is if everybody did this ACSI might fold for the sake of €15.95. It would be full hardy I believe.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Personally I would think twice before cancelling my next years membership. Reason why is if everybody did this ACSI might fold for the sake of €15.95. It would be full hardy I believe.
I am not sure I understand your logic? Many people on the continent will be supporting ACSI anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts