Caravan Club breaking news...

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Had one like that once upon a time, wouldn't know where to look for it now, but do have this one from a good number of years back. --- (Collectors item now?)
Badge%202_zpsieyw1iqv.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
........ah but can we be sure it is you Kevin after your re-branding and new logo/avatar?

How dare you change after all this time ;)

The re branding was the result of a democratic vote by the inhabitants of Gagaland, the vote was carried by the eyes to the right...........................Progress I'm afraid :lol: :lol:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Had one like that once upon a time, wouldn't know where to look for it now, but do have this one from a good number of years back. --- (Collectors item now?)
Badge%202_zpsieyw1iqv.jpg

So that is the actual FORTH Logo/badge re-brand (that we so far now about)
So on that basis in a few years they will have a tent incorporated :lol:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I had the April copy of the CC/CAMC magazine yesterday. I haven't been through it with a fine-tooth comb but with a cursory glance it makes no mention anywhere of the re-branding. I would have thought at least them singing their own praises on the success :whistle: in an editorial, and also no letters printed on members opinions. ;)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the magazine yesterday but have not had time to read it yet. Sounds like the very antagonistic reaction has taken them by surprise so they hzve decuded to just keep quiet and hope it all dies down. To me the problem is the downright stupid logo rather thzn the change of name and the money wasted on changing everything when replacement as needed would have done the job.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
It shouldn't have caught them by surprise of course, because they should have done their homework first by asking members (although a claim to have done so was made. but no one has said they were consulted AFAIK). Today it's possible to do quick and cost effective surveys by text and email, without resorting to costly paper or phone surveys, though its perhaps a blessing that such as task was not given to their Web Team...

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Driving around for work today two CL's in the South Hams area still have the Red Pennent, across the River Dart on the Ferry to Torbay and Hillhead has the new style logo.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Similar thing, went to Burford , for lunch, 50 miles to check out the site , fantastic back of a school. Burford a bit steep walk but all the pubs dog happy. And £18 a night.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH - Did the Burford school site in 1999, was an excellent site then, will probably have changed a bit by now. Did it to liaise a CC rally on the school field during Spring BH 2000, put 50 vans on the field for them. The warden (caretaker then) couldn't have been more helpful, allowed us to use the school hall etc. for 'the social side' , - but no doubt things have changed ?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have seen the new site signs in situ. My immediate reaction was they look cheap which is not something I associate with the club. The change of colour to white makes them less obvious although we may get used to that but it might cause some problems if people miss the signs.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Have missed the signs already, - went to Chatsworth CC a fortnight ago, been several times before so knew where site was. However signs were so 'alien' to us drove straight past them as so indistinctive, thought entrance had been changed or rerouted or something! - Finished up going to the round about just up the road and back again to the new signs at the entrance.(but don't tell anybody!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Have missed the signs already, - went to Chatsworth CC a fortnight ago, been several times before so knew where site was. However signs were so 'alien' to us drove straight past them as so indistinctive, thought entrance had been changed or rerouted or something! - Finished up going to the round about just up the road and back again to the new signs at the entrance.(but don't tell anybody!)

I think this might have reaffirmed your membership of teh Wooosies! :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Prof not all Woosies are that Daft, went to Burford Yesteday, to check out the site at school. Lovely site John and Lesley, the wardens are fine, and the town is great, but how daft not to go with the caravan.. maybe go back next Monday for a week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts