Caravan Club breaking news...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Caravan Club have announced a major change to their brand and are now the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
I'm sure that CC members will be delighted to learn that their club is 'embracing diversity' and 'reinforcing our sense of community' according to the blurb. :)
The C&MH hopes to 'inspire more people to enjoy the great outdoors'.
I'm not a C&MC member so I'll just pop my tinfoil hat on and hide behind the sofa until the dust clears.... :lol:

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Looks to me as if some one had nothing to do and thought" I know we will change our name and give the PR team something to do"
Who is going to pay for the new signs etc, bet it is the members and not the person who thought up the idea

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone got a new handbook yet? Or do we have to await a rebranded one?

Oddly, when we got our MH over 10 years ago, we asked if we could join the Caravan Club and use a drive away awning. CC said NO, so we toddled off to the Friendly Club who welcomed us with open awning pitches sans MH when we popped off out for the day. :p :p

We are off to Baltic Wharf this coming weekend but we only have Caravan Club membership cards, will they let us in? :p :p

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Or my be it has something to do with the so call caravan series they put their name to last year ? :woohoo: and are so so ashamed at how bad it was ;) and need to move away from the name " The Caravan Club" because of the chaos it caused between member and they way the portrayed the caravan club ;)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
When is a caravan not a caravan? -- Apparently when it's got an engine!
What a waste of money! - Who are the clowns making these decisions. 100 years of history not enough for them to maintain 'the' tradition.
Pity I like my CC membership, (40 years) or I should be voting with my feet. However will never call it anything else but the CC. Call me a dinosaur, perhaps. But progress for the sake of progress is pathetic!

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Be honest which do you prefer, new or old?

16831922_1219933651375343_5409386279703076277_n_zpsvji7y82k.png

40%20years_zpsxekfukiz.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Typical load of modern re branding nonsense,always suspicious of any body claiming to go on a journey. Seems only a short time ago the signs went from dark green to light green presumably the money spent on that is now written off. I would prefer improved sites before re branding but what do I know I am only a member

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am frankly not-at-all surprised.

The CC is a bit of a red herring as technically its not a club anymore, its a business.

In many cases the 'special offers' it arranges are not that special and with a little digging most caravanners can match or even better them.

And how many times do we read of supposedly CC sites where non CC members have been spotted, so I suspect it has seen 'membership' numbers droop in comparison to the numbers of caravans purchased.

They have looked around and seen that the C&CC has a wider membership base,becasue they don't discriminate, and thought we'll have a bit of this to boost membership and thus income.

The one aspect where I do think the CC (and for that matter the C&CC) do offer a valuable service is with teh insurance packages they have put together, not the cheapest, but again as has been reported on the forum, usually a first class claims service.

I actually don't see any need for conflict for having both caravanner's and Motorhomer's as members, Despite the views about motorhome sometimes vented on this forum, if you really look at the situation we actually share a lot of the same problems. So yes don't look for teh differences but embrace the similarities there's room for both.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Prof, a good write up there, good words for our Motorhome brothers and sisters.
I renewed my Caravan insurance this morning with the C&CC, an increase of £2, from last years, But it now gives £500 towards pets vets fee for free, whilst away with you.
Hutch.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I think it should rebrand as the Camping, Caravan and Motorhome Club.

At least I would be able to look up to him, but down on him.

I know my place. B)

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Not surprised as they must be losing a lot of members of late. There was the takeover of camping cheques which have continued to go downhill, their sites are getting so expensive now and to book in advance is a real headache as everyone seems to prebook all the w/e's in early Jan.
I cancelled my membership this year.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
The only comment I will make is that the old one does not need deciphering :whistle:

Insert '& Motorhome' below 'Caravan' on the old one and it would be very clear to a viewer.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The CC has been getting grief from some motorhomers who are an increasing proportion of the membership so the change was probably inevitable at some point. I do remember the time the Camping Club became the C&CC for siimilar reasons and after a few weeks it was just accepted and I doubt the CC change will be any different. I am now waiting for the C&CC to become the Camping, Caravanning and Motorhome Club.
I would say it is still a club as a business run for the benefit of members on a basis of reinvesting profits in its services altbough given its sheer size it does have to be run on business principles.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just had my letter explaining the good news and two new cra9 stickers.
It has always been the Red Pennant for me . Surely that is the life long emblem :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Just received ours, what a waste of money (our money) how many members x 55p. per envelope postage, without cost of envelopes, stickers etc. Then start changing all stationary, site signs, etc. etc. Somebody must think it's justified. Nowt better to spend a million on.
My problem is we like club sites, services, cls. -- Or I should be on 'my bike!'

(How many members?) half a million(?) - 500,000 times 55p. Is that £275000 just in postage.
Somebody thought it worthwhile? Oh dear Grenville.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Just received ours, what a waste of money (our money) how many members x 55p. per envelope postage, without cost of envelopes, stickers etc. Then start changing all stationary, site signs, etc. etc. Somebody must think it's justified. Nowt better to spend a million on.
My problem is we like club sites, services, cls. -- Or I should be on 'my bike!'

(How many members?) half a million(?) - 500,000 times 55p. Is that £275000 just in postage.
Somebody thought it worthwhile? Oh dear Grenville.
Why didn't Grenville have a Referendum :(
The joke is he forgot we are technically "Touring" caravans so he should have named it TCMC :whistle: :evil:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts