Caravan Club breaking news...

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
My parents were caravanners too, and I used to think the little pennants (often in pairs in a V-shape) people used to fly at the front of their vans in those days were really cool. I always wanted my old dad to have one too, but he wouldn't drill holes in the roof for some reason...
Like Gabsgrandad, I'm amazed the CC have tossed away such a recognisable brand.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Somebody made the comment that this has been done to make motorhomers feel part of the club.

Why are we then not called, "The Trailer Tent, Folding Camper, Towed Caravan, Motorhome and Converted Ambulance Club".

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Yes, apparently members views don't count, and shutting them down will change their opinions, - won't it? - I don't suppose CC management read our forum, -- just in case they do ;-
CC%20-%20Copy_zpsyygdukrp.jpg
Sir Gabs and Sir WC

CAMC closing down their thread is an absolute insult to ALL members. Throwing your dollies out of the pram is no way for a professional outfit to behave :angry: :angry:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that this might be a good time to remind ourselves that although opinions about the re-brand can be expressed on this forum we try to avoid comments about the way that different caravan forums conduct their affairs.
I've little doubt that if our loyal forum members felt that a drastic and apparently unpopular change was made by Practical Caravan Magazine, including this forum, some comments would be allowed but a point would at some stage be reached whereby the owners of the magazine or forum would decide that no further constructive comments were being submitted and the thread would be locked, as appears to be the case with Club Together.
Whatever the reason, if members want to give vent to their feelings about their club on this forum, that's fine as long as the discussion remains polite, but I'd prefer us not to host criticism of other caravan forums, I've no doubt at all that their forum admin and moderators are doing their best under difficult circumstances ;)

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am afraid its the same ole story, no one in this day and age can stand any comments. They are usually very good at dishy it out but when you have a go back its not liked. The great big £ sign is usually behind everything

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Please can someone tell me what I should do.
The new CC caravan stickers went straight to the green bin foe recycling, BUT today I have just received my 35 years membership sticker. I am proud of my 35 years but I don't want to bin this piece of history

Why oh why do people think a change of name is going to change things.
If its not broke leave well alone

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
lulubelle said:
Please can someone tell me what I should do.
The new CC caravan stickers went straight to the green bin foe recycling, BUT today I have just received my 35 years membership sticker. I am proud of my 35 years but I don't want to bin this piece of history

Why oh why do people think a change of name is going to change things.
If its not broke leave well alone

Display it with pride in a prominent position on your caravan. Get a vinyl sticker with 2017 that you can display under the 35 year one :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nothing has changed for us reallly, cl sites wil not change their signs I would think for a year or two.The REAL old CcMembers will still be hogging the Cadburrys, or some orher Chocolate sites from 1/1/ or when ever. Just Pitch up and be freinds with everyone, .. even those Tenters that need a warm space in really , in seriously bad weather. We are hopefully good mates.
Love ro all.
Hutch and Elaine.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please tell me, should I feel better now, as I have both caravan and camper van.?(I don't refer to it as a motorhome, as it is a van conversion, by Autohomes, and not a coachbuilt bungalow on wheels.Is this a bit of inverted snobbery on my part, perhaps?)

So, should the new title include camper vans as well?
BTW, the "motorhome" is not really recognised in Europe; they are all "camping cars".
It's all a bit of silly nonsense, really, except that it is a serious waste of member's money.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I really do not give a care about the re-branding of the new name or logo, the topic has generated many comments and is obviously of significance to others, I respect that.

I'm not wishing to go in any camp on this, but the logo is rather nondescript, it wont win any advertising awards, is my guess :p

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I received my 30 year sticker recently. Frankly I felt a bit insulted - a sticker after 30 years! Now a couple of free nights would have seemed more of a thank you, no doubt too much to expect in the new £ rules CMC.

BTW I would be very wary of displaying one of these stickers or a CMC one on a caravan window. I did this once with an owners club cling type sticker and later on it set off the dreaded crazing

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
chrisn7 said - "I received my 30 year sticker recently. Frankly I felt a bit insulted - a sticker after 30 years! " - Well I/we are expecting our 40th. any day, We shall also feel a bit insulted, not because the CC won't be giving us any free nights, that's to be expected, they're more likely to be blowing members money on irrelevant name changes than giving 'customer' benefits. No I shall be more disappointed in that the sticker will have that stupid new logo on. (The bum did somebody say?) I suppose I could hope they have some of the old stock left and send me one of the traditional ones, If only we had joined the club a month or two earlier, we'd have got our old design one by now!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For everyone who has complained about the new logo on this forum, how many have actually written to the C&MC and complained directly to them.?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
For everyone who has complained about the new logo on this forum, how many have actually written to the C&MC and complained directly to them.?

From what I've seen a significant number of CC members have left comments on the Club Together forum and on this and other caravan related forums Prof. I should imagine that the management and staff of the C&MC are well aware of the resistance to this rebranding exercise. One must suppose that the C&MC are depending on more acceptance from newer members and potential members.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:

I did too, directly to the Chairman himself on the NEC stand. I can only say, that having worked in banking for many years, I can spot corporate BS when I hear it. He trotted quotes from the marketing blurb - no normal speech and quite without empathy - the man needs to go IMHO after presiding over this, the disastrous TV programme and Website fiasco.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
chrisn7 said:
... too much to expect in the new £ rules CMC...

Its not new! its been that way for years - basically only branding has changed, not the underlying core business model. :huh:
Yes I am aware of that. What is galling from a members point of view is that they have the funds to pay for what is perceived by many to be have been an unnecessary re-branding excercise, ditching the highly recognisable and respected CC logo, whilst at he same time raising fees. I suspect that the CC was an organisation that many felt fairly comfortable with and that it was 'their' organisation, whereas now it seems more evident that it is all about the business - the emphasis has changed unfortunately

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Certainly been on CC forum to express views, but as you 'know' prof that was not welcomed, and the thread shut down. So I suspect some of the message must have been received by the hierarchy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts