Caravan Club breaking news...

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Prof said
Its not new! its been that way for years - basically only branding has changed, not the underlying core business model.
image: http://www.practicalcaravan.com/media/kunena/emoticons/wassat.png

For everyone who has complained about the new logo on this forum, how many have actually written to the C&MC and complained directly to them.?

Prof My Boy
May I ask have you ever been a Member of The CC?
When the businesses I have been involved in rebrand it has been because the original Business Module was a failure and turnover in decline. Rebranding always involved a massive change in management style and modus operandi.
Like many other CC members on here I too lodged my discontent on the Club Talk forum before we were childishly cut off.
And yes I did write to the magazine and Grenville. Don't hold your breath . No reply expected :angry:
Do you make your comments with any authority?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
The Prof said
Its not new! its been that way for years - basically only branding has changed, not the underlying core business model.
image: http://www.practicalcaravan.com/media/kunena/emoticons/wassat.png

For everyone who has complained about the new logo on this forum, how many have actually written to the C&MC and complained directly to them.?

Prof My Boy
May I ask have you ever been a Member of The CC?
When the businesses I have been involved in rebrand it has been because the original Business Module was a failure and turnover in decline. Rebranding always involved a massive change in management style and modus operandi.
Like many other CC members on here I too lodged my discontent on the Club Talk forum before we were childishly cut off.
And yes I did write to the magazine and Grenville. Don't hold your breath . No reply expected :angry:
Do you make your comments with any authority?

Not that it has any relevance to the thread, But I have been a customer (Sorry member) of the CC in years gone by.

I disagree with concerning the rebranding of a businesses, It doesn't always involve changes to core structure or principles, A local Hospice is rebranding, becasue its long term Logo and colour is too close to that of the MacMillan Nurses, and it has encountered the situation where having provided a service to some patients, the patients have subsequently included bequests to MacMillian in the mistaken belief it's the same as the Hospice.

A few years ago the Scouts Association rebranded scouting, Whilst there were some organisational changes, the movement still held onto its core principles and methods

As the CC has allowed motorcaravanners to join for many years, I don't suspect there will be any major business restructuring as well.

As for the rebranding of the CC, I tend to agree with most of the posters here that the new logo lacks individuality, The old pennant logo was a pretty (in both senses) distinctive. Whilst I can hold an opinion about it , as I'm not a customer any more, my opinion has no importance. It would not stop me from joining if I were to again start to use a caravan or a motorcamper

Im not sure what you mean by "Do you make your comments with any authority" What authority should I need?

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Well, as a total sprog to caravanning, its not going to stop us joining. Makes no difference to me what the badge looks like. Nobody has died,,,so not a big deal!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm just off to collect my Touring Caravan from storage in preparation for a trip next week to one of our favourite sites which I have to admit is not a CC site. Sorry , it will always be CC for me in correspondence.

Prof
You are of course very welcome to your views . Authority is simple. Many of us have over 30 years membership of the CC its workings and sites , magazines etc. So it seems to me a large number of Forumites have spoken with first hand experience of the CC. It is that Authority that I believe enables them to speak with pride and accuracy. That's all. :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Phoenixflier wrote "Well, as a total sprog to caravanning, its not going to stop us joining. Makes no difference to me what the badge looks like. Nobody has died,,,so not a big deal!"

You are perhaps happy that your money is wasted on irrelevant and pointless name changing. Many of us are not. What has died is a very distinctive and nationally known logo/brand, that is/was as good today as when it started, why change a successful brand?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Phoenixflier wrote "Well, as a total sprog to caravanning, its not going to stop us joining. Makes no difference to me what the badge looks like. Nobody has died,,,so not a big deal!"

You are perhaps happy that your money is wasted on irrelevant and pointless name changing. Many of us are not. What has died is a very distinctive and nationally known logo/brand, that is/was as good today as when it started, why change a successful brand?

This is an emotive subject for long term CC members, many of who really dislike this re-brand.
Pheonix Flyer hasn't wasted his money however, he's not a member yet and hasn't contributed in any way to the club funding or to the decision to change the name and logo so why would a different name of the club make any difference to him if he hasn't joined?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I'm just off to collect my Touring Caravan from storage in preparation for a trip next week to one of our favourite sites which I have to admit is not a CC site. Sorry , it will always be CC for me in correspondence.

Prof
You are of course very welcome to your views . Authority is simple. Many of us have over 30 years membership of the CC its workings and sites , magazines etc. So it seems to me a large number of Forumites have spoken with first hand experience of the CC. It is that Authority that I believe enables them to speak with pride and accuracy. That's all. :)

I think you may have used the wrong word - Length of membership is not a precursor to having authority - only experience :huh:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:
This is an emotive subject ...

Now let me see, who was it that started this thread. Oh yes. :whistle: :evil:

That's true, I brought news of this important development to the attention of PCv forum members before the majority of C&MC members knew anything about it :)
Phoenix Flyer is new to caravanning and new to this forum.
I should imagine that from some comments in this thread he's wondering what he's become involved in.
My comment was made by way of explanation after his perfectly valid opinion appeared to be shoved back down his throat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I think you may have used the wrong word - Length of membership is not a precursor to having authority - only experience :huh:[/quote]
So a caravanner with 30 years membership and 30 years experience of caravans :silly: :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :kiss: :oops: :blush:
AMEN :evil:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:
Prof

I think you may have used the wrong word - Length of membership is not a precursor to having authority - only experience :huh:

Dustydog said:
So a caravanner with 30 years membership and 30 years experience of caravans :silly: :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :kiss: :oops: :blush:
AMEN :evil:

As I have mentioned, this is quite an emotive issue for long term CC members.
Of course everybody is allowed to air their opinion, but the opinions of those of us who are not members of the CC (or C&CC) will make no difference to the way that the club in question conducts it's business.
This might also be true for loyal CC members who have paid their fees year in, year out for years but whatever the case may be, there is absolutely no requirement for those who comment about this or any issue on the message boards to hold a degree in English grammar. To criticise anyone's choice of words or phrasing is rude and unworthy.
The hair splitting about how frustrated and disappointed CC members choose to express their views is not particularly helpful, it simply irritates people.
As someone not involved ( I'm a Camping and Caravanning Club member and have been for ten years) I'd suggest that a CC member with 30+ years of membership has the experience to speak with authority.

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I would personally call it "Having a good *****" but then you are not allowed to do that these days. By whats happened over the last few messages someone with an impromptu title with a picture of an old comedian carrying a cane and using all the management words doesnt like someone with 30 years as a member commentating on his actions, then the referee steps in. Same ole storey

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Trevor_374569540 said:
I would personally call it "Having a good *****" but then you are not allowed to do that these days. By whats happened over the last few messages someone with an impromptu title with a picture of an old comedian carrying a cane and using all the management words doesnt like someone with 30 years as a member commentating on his actions, then the referee steps in. Same ole storey

Jimmy Edwards?? Do I win a prize, considering how young I am :p :p

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
MMMMmmmm........all very interesting, when taken with a pinch of salt.
Either way, soon as our caravan arrives and I have parted company with the remaining Stella coupons, we will be sending off our £49.00 membership fees. Looking forward to exploring the countryside,and learning from others with more experience ........... hopefully with the new caravan still attached!. Life is to short for petty disagreements, lets just get on with enjoying life "Adventure before Dementia".

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As a long standing member of both clubs I am quite relaxed about the change of name/logo as it does tend to align now with the mix of visitors to the sites. And its quite normal for organisations to rebrand and relaunch. What isn't yet clear, although only time will tell is how this change will impact on the club's future success. But as someone commented previously its more business than a club. So I only hope that we continue to get good quality sites with good facilities at a price that doesn't break the bank, combined with the other services which have been so useful to me.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Trevor_374569540 said:

And the winner of the '[strike]most[/strike] least helpful and constructive comment of the week' competition is.....
You might like to try reading and understanding the past few posts before adding a comment criticising my actions Trevor.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay my final words on the subject. I am 45 years old and have been caravanning with the caravan club for all of those 45 years. Not particularly bothered about the unnecessary change in name just the branding of OUR club.

From a very personal point of view my final birthday present from my grandmother, (ordered before she died but opened afterwards) was a green leather club centenary cover for my club handbook. This is used with not only pride about club membership and the brand of the caravan club but also a lot of love.

My grandfather who started the caravan craze in the family and enthusiasm for CL's as well as club sites went to his grave wearing his silk club tie that I had bought him.

Perhaps this may help shed some light on just how much the logo and the club mean to some members and why the flippant throw away remarks saying it doesn't matter, when to many of us it does are far from helpful.

I apologise Prof if my grammar, punctuation and spelling are not to my usual standard but but some of us perhaps let our emotions however silly as it may seem, take a higher priority at these times of upset.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It seems my last comment to Dusty has ruffled a few, and dog hairs and feathers. :eek:hmy:

Long term forumites will know that I rarely use emoticons in serious posts I tend to use them where there's is an element of humour intended.

It looks like it has back fired on this occasion, and therefore I offer my apologies if it has upset anyone. :(

Contrary to one posters later comment I am not against free expressions of opinions, except where deliberate malintent is used, or it goes against forum rules.

With regard to the topic, everyone is entitled to an opinion about the CC's change of identity, and we can all speculate about any other changes it may encompass.

Whilst I don't have to disclose this, but I, or members of my close family have been members of the CC since the early 1960's. I have no need of membership as I gave up caravanning last year. So I certainly have experience, even if its not authority. :huh:

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all and sorry to be a bore. Just a gentle reminder to please play nicely. We don't need personal comments and the like. I know this is an emotive issue, but this is also a friendly, welcoming online caravanning community. Thank you.

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
LizziePope said:
Hi all and sorry to be a bore. Just a gentle reminder to please play nicely. We don't need personal comments and the like. I know this is an emotive issue, but this is also a friendly, welcoming online caravanning community. Thank you.

Well said, internal bickering and petty point scoring does nothing to welcome newcomers to the forum. Hopefully its a one-off, as it has made us think twice about using this medium.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
One member was banned from this site the other week for throwing a few Buns and that was without Lizzie having to step in to sort out whatever the problem was, what are talking about here a few colour changes to the heading on the CC web site,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Be honest which do you prefer, new or old?

16831922_1219933651375343_5409386279703076277_n_zpsvji7y82k.png

40%20years_zpsxekfukiz.jpg

Or the very original

IMG_20170313_115106870_HDR_zpsmmt6kwnd.jpg

Acquired this today....dont know why not even a member!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts