Caravan Equipment?

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
As a total sprog in these matters, is there a "Screwfix" type book out there provided by a company that sells all things caravan?.
Thinking about door handles, catches, light fittings and other odds and ends that are likely to get broken etc.
Not sure this applies, but I am fairly sure that a main dealer would want silly money for most of the more mundane items. Simon.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Not sure that there is really. However, there are plenty of places to try before you head off to a main dealer. O'leary's motorhomes in East Yorkshire have stocks of just about everything, to name just one. Then of course many main dealers and workshops use eBay to sell off bits and bobs they have kicking about.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think like a lot of us you might end up with lots of "bits and Peices,", spare water pump , bit of hose, Duct and Electricians tape, the list get too long especially if you go over the river to Europe. Lesiure shop direct , is my favourite.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This firm are good and tend to be a bit cheaper but the packaging costs does tend to make the internet cheap on small items. http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/
It is often worth checking out Amazon for bits.

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
to tell the truth i dot think you can go far wrong with e bay ,ive got everything i needed for my avondale from there and at prices way lower than any caravan dealer/supplier .for instance water hog waste container 20 quid ,with a bag. and a fresh water aquaroll with bag for wait for it 99p ok i had to travel about 30 miles to pick each of them up but the savings more than make up for it i need a couple of window stays and a couple of window catches ,ok there not essential at this moment ,but there to be had out there for a couple of quid each or so . i have also picked up a whale pump for a tenner cheap considering the price new oh and a couple of quid postage and a thetford freshen up kit boxed and complete for a rather pleasing 50 quid ,the guy said he had got the wrong hand as theres left and right ,thing is he dident know you only need to change the position of the empty spout to swop over right and left empting the only problem i have found is that the bigger items you need are mostly pick up only but if you look you will always find an item you need within 50 miles of your location and you make a day out usually saturdays as well as picking up the item .the decals/stickers are the bug bear at this moment nigh on 30 quid each and i need three ., and the avondale name decals on the roof line are about 12 quid each two required ,ive managed to find three roof ones in a pack ,ok not the same colour as original but they were only a fiver and there are three in the pack . the others i need i am seeking a local place that will make the side and back ones ,or its make them myself ,ok ive got many other bits and bobs i need for my van may have spent a hundred quid or so but i must have saved three times that amount ,so to me the only supplier for my van bits is the bay sod the dealers who seem to be under the delusion that because you have a caravan your a millionaire or a dam fool that is .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts