Caravan friendly services M25/26/20

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have a trip to Kent planned and previously Ive done that trip in one go but now have to stop for a keg stretch around the 2 hour mark. My route is M3, M25 then on to M20. Any recommendations for services where if the caravan area is full (of WVM) you don’t then find yourself heading for the exit as the HGV area is prior to the caravan area as my fall back is to park amongst the HGVs.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When we travelled South a few years ago in the 6 weeks holidays we were hit with traffic in services like this!!

I would consider a night-time drive if possible.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..........I would use Cobham on the M25 which has a plenty of parking.
Take note that the services are adjacent to the clockwise carriageway with access from both carriageways.
Drivers have been known to leave the services and end up heading in the wrong direction.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
When we travelled South a few years ago in the 6 weeks holidays we were hit with traffic in services like this!!

I would consider a night-time drive if possible.

Craig,

Cannot see anything wrong here lots of lovely space for caravans. We will not be travelling during school holidays, and a night drive isn't practical as we stay local to Folkestone for early departure next day.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
otherclive said:
Have a trip to Kent planned and previously Ive done that trip in one go but now have to stop for a keg stretch around the 2 hour mark. My route is M3, M25 then on to M20. Any recommendations for services where if the caravan area is full (of WVM) you don’t then find yourself heading for the exit as the HGV area is prior to the caravan area as my fall back is to park amongst the HGVs.

Man after my own heart, guessing the other half takes up the driving after the first keg, :s

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
..........I would use Cobham on the M25 which has a plenty of parking.
Take note that the services are adjacent to the clockwise carriageway with access from both carriageways.
Drivers have been known to leave the services and end up heading in the wrong direction.
I agree with Gafferbill. The next services would be Clacket Lane and the caravan parking there is abysmal. A layby with room for 3 caravans at a push. Steer clear!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts