Caravan security

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I did a silly think, sold my van last week and gave away my wheel clamp with it.

Now I need to get some sort of security devise for the newish van but not to pricey, what do you recommend ?

I will have to admit I did not have insurance on the old van so dose insurance cover it being stolen ?

Reg

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
As far as I am aware, most insurance policies will insist on you having at least 2 security devices fitted to your van - best to check the wording of any insurance policy. Some insurers may specify the type of security device required - e.g. Gold standard - others may be satisfied with any type, so long as it/they are fitted. The policy may well also insist on the device/s being fitted when you stop at a service station or even when on site (Caravan Club insurance does, for example).

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
My insurance company only require one lock to be fitted, I could be a hitch lock or a wheel lock, as it happens I fit both + 2 leg locks, the way I look at it is that it makes the scum bags have to work harder if they want the van :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts