cassoa take over

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Just back from a few weeks away and a letter from our storage company has arrived.
It states that CASSOA have been taken over by an insurance company and due to swinging subscription and other charges the storage company are stopping their membership.
The letter also goes on to say that some members are approaching the Caravan Club to see if they will take over the monitoring of sites and they will let us know the outcome.
For now I will have to let my insurers (The Caravan Club) that the site is no longer CASSOA registered. I hope that the increase in insurance will be less than if the site stayed with CASSOA and had to increase the site fees.
Has anyone else heard of this ?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing on their website and it is an association so sounds more like an excuse by the site operator. If it is taken over the people at PC should know and it will appear soon enough.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Whilton Locks in the midlands is still CASSOA according to the reception as I have just rang them.
This sounds as though it is the owner trying to get more money.

Les

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike
An Insurer Am Trust Europe Ltd set up cassoa as a plc in 1999.
They encouraged caravan storage site owners to join their association, improve security and enable caravan owners to obtain cheaper premiums.

To date I have seen nothing to say Am Trust have sold.
What exactly does the letter say?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts