CC&C Sites Luss and Milarrochy Bay

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
We've never been to Scotland. What site would you recommend?

We are looking to go in early September for two or three weeks

away. We have to travel from Northamptonshire and would need to have a overnight stop.

The sites being near Loch Lomond would we need to take heed of the midge warning when staying by water?

Thanks

John & Kathy

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Depends what you want to do whilst there - Luss is easier to tour from, Milarrochy Bay is very close to the West Highland way and lots of walking opportunities.

Midges shouldn't be a problem, the season is June to August.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Given the choice I would choose Milarrochy Bay!

We spent a week there a few years ago, it was in September, and it was lovely. Luss is very close to the main road, consequently it can be noisy, and it can be extremely midgie even at that time of year. Milarrochy is on the other side of the loch, there is a bend on a rather steep incline when you approach the site, some people will find it an issue, we never did! :O)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Milarrochy Bay is on the more `rugged`side of the loch in the way of scenery.We stayed just up the road at Cashel-pitches on the loch shore. Beautiful area, extremely relaxing as roads came to an end, near the site! I loved that feeling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline

Will take a look at Cashel-pitches site when we go in September,

Thanks
We spent 3 weeks at Luss last year in June the midges were a real pain, but the site was excellent wardens very helpful and it was easy to sight see from, must say I didnt hear the traffic at all

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been on the Balloch caravan park numerous times and I went along to Luss to have a look and I wasn't impressed at all with the facilities. It depends on what you are used to. I prefer to use Caravan Club sites as I know they are spotless.

Regarding midges, it does not matter how close you are to the water, you will need to go prepared. I live within an hours drive from there and the midges can be awful. Go prepared for the worst and it can only get better.

I hope this helps

Dougy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts