Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LB, they do not have sites that are run for the benefit of club members but there are lots of camping "a la ferme -camping on the farm"

There are site owners , mainly British, who advertise "CL/CS type" sites in the CC and C&CC magazines.

What part of France do you fancy?

Ray

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm just thinking of the future Ray. What we would like to do is go south for a few months in the winter but would probably find normal site prices to prohibitive. Anything to cut down costs and help us to achieve our aims. Every little helps ;O)

Her Ladyship was going to carry on working for another 18 months but after some bad news about her pen friends hubby she is slowly changing her mind.

Her friend Birgittes hubby, Conny, as just been diagnosed with A.L.S. a disease similar to Motor Neurone which is terminal. Both, all their married life, have been active keep fit people doing things like skiing, their favourite being orienteering. They've been all over the world doing that.

They live in Sweden and have been to stay with us. They have written to each other since at school and both their fathers wrote to each other before that. Both of them loco drivers in their respective countries.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lb, At last years outdoor exhibition at Great West Showground Shepton Mallet I was speaking to someone who was in a club which catered for people doing what you intend. They have a support structure and keep an eye out for each other, exchange information etc.

If I find any information I will pass it on to you.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lb, At last years outdoor exhibition at Great West Showground Shepton Mallet I was speaking to someone who was in a club which catered for people doing what you intend. They have a support structure and keep an eye out for each other, exchange information etc.

Ray
LB, have alook at www.campingo.com/winter-camping.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Ray
Thanks Ray :O)

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have heard Camping a la ferme (camping at the farm) compared to CL's. Try campingfrance.com and select the subject. I cannot vouch for this though, as my kids are of the age where we currently go to the larger sites.

Neil

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There are some superb sites 'Camping a la Ferme' but some of them are not cheap, like CLs for instance. You can actually pay as much for a pitch as on a four star site. There is a website devoted to 'farm camping' but I've not been able to find it - will keep on trawling the old 'memory' (or lack of these days). However, if you're going out of peak season, then ACSI, Camping Cheques, or Touring Cheques can offer you a good four *occasionally three* star site for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts