CONVERTING ONBOARD TANK TO MAINS

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Everyone, Has any body converted a onboard water tank to accept a mains water connection like the carver Waterline accessory or a converted 40ltr aquaroll. I would like to be able to use both systems if possible. Thanks Dr Martin

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Doc.I haven't ever done it but I've thought along the same lines. In theory you'd only need to install a 1/2 inch float valve in the tank( a side entry torbeck valve would fit the bill) and connect this to a secure inlet point on the vans side. I'd say it could be done in about two hours. To fill from an aquaroll you'd just use your existing fill point.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have used the existing fill point to fill an on board tank for several years.

The tank can then be filled either by hose through the fill point or by the original submersible pump from an aquaroll.

I then have a full aquaroll that can be pumped into the tank when the low level light shows thus giving more than double the normal aquaroll quantity when both are full.

You could have a ball valve in the aquaroll as well or you could as Craig says fit a ball valve in the tank which would be fed from the normal inlet point

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Craig/John, Been thinking about this for some time. I've decided to convert a 25ltr clear water container and install a torbeck or simular valve,this with the nessesary quick fit connections will be connected to the mains tap.

In the onboard tank I will mount a float switch connected via a rocker switch to the carver pump connection point,this will automaticly top up as water is drawn off.It will also on a unserviced pitch enable me to have a full tank onboard and another 30lts in the Aqua roll which will automaticly pump into the onboard tank when the level drops. What do you guys think????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi doc.

You just need a relay of the kind used in the car to fridge circuit (or car spot lamps) so that the float switch triggers the relay and the relay takes the load.I always put a relay in the circuit to the water pump and this then takes the load instead of the tap micro switches.

I have an Aquaflow 40l tank complete with float switch for sale in the small adds at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts