Corsica/Sardinia

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

Haven't taken my van there but have holidayed on both islands in the past few years and loved them.

However, some roads are horrendously steep/narrow on both - particularly Corsican coast roads, and frankly I wouldn't take my van over as good sites appear pretty scarce. Let me assure you I'm no namby-pamby on overseas touring!

Why bother anyway since there are some fantastic air deals going out of peak season (when you'd be insane to be there as they get so hot/crowded) and you can then stay in a pleasant hotel for less and for more time than ? Try Easyjet to Olbia for example and you can get a return for about

Nov 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the comments Malcom (I think). We were planning on may and june, but I must say the sound of those roads sounds a little hairy as we have a fairly large outfit. We must decide shortly to get ferries sorted etc.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

I've not been to Corsica myself but I have considered it so I will be interested to hear how you get.

Alan Rogers' France Guide has a section on Corsica. My 2003 edition has a useful information page, includes brief ferry details, and lists 11 sites.

The Caravan Club "Caravan Europe Vol 1" has a list of 43 sites on Corsica (2004 edition) along with its usual personal comments from members who have used them.

Hope this is some help.

Hope you make it.

Regards

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts