Covid booster jab

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
However even if you have had the booster the NHS app is not being updated to reflect the booster jab.

Blame is on us then not the French. But if the app takes jabs 1 and 2 it’s difficult to understand what the delay is to updating it to show the booster. Hope it gets sorted before booster 2 to N is required, where N is a large number.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Blame is on us then not the French. But if the app takes jabs 1 and 2 it’s difficult to understand what the delay is to updating it to show the booster. Hope it gets sorted before booster 2 to N is required, where N is a large number.
We live in a rural area yet the map shows that we are in the maroon colour area and just a number short of being in a black area. In our area there have been 35 cases of infection in the past 7 days and 1 death in the past month.
They use case rates per 100000 people however in our area if we have 10000 people it would be a lot as I am guessing it is all to do with ratios. Malvern and surrounds are very low being either light blue or blue.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I now see that the on HMGs website it says that from 15 December anyone who has not had booster within 6 months and five weeks of their second jab will be barred from many public places in France. The HMG website advises those affected to have their booster or if you have had one to be able to show proof if planning to visit France. Our NHS apps still do not show the booster has been administered. Would getting proof mean having to hassle our already hard pressed GP?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I now see that the on HMGs website it says that from 15 December anyone who has not had booster within 6 months and five weeks of their second jab will be barred from many public places in France. The HMG website advises those affected to have their booster or if you have had one to be able to show proof if planning to visit France. Our NHS apps still do not show the booster has been administered. Would getting proof mean having to hassle our already hard pressed GP?
I wonder how those that left for France soon after their second jab but before they were ready for their booster get around the problem if they are still in the country after the 15th December.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The covid situation is still very fluid, and we can expect that different countries will take a different approach to allowing international travel.

Until there is an international agreement on the number of vaccinations or boosters you have had and when, then we are going to continually find discrepancies between who can travel where and when.

There is no point in blaming any particular government if there is a miss-match between what's deemed acceptable, nor is there any merit to be gained by complaining if a change somewhere upsets your travel plans, if you want to travel you have got to take responsibility for ensuring you tick all the boxes.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Got my call up for the booster today, went to book it and appointment available Tues afternoon.
Checked same venue for walk in.................Monday!!
Guess which day I selected to go?
Another day off work then Kev, 😃 had ours about a month ago.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Another day off work then Kev, 😃 had ours about a month ago.
Whats a day off Hutch, two appointments in the morning, then pop in to get the jab, then back to office................................I'll be like you in 7 years Hutch, RETIRED 😝

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Got a email yesterday about my Covid -19 booster jab rung the NHS number the earliest appointment this is for us both is Saturday 27th November we are now booked in .at our local NHS centre

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In yesterdays Times Jeremy Hunt expressed his astonishment that the Booster still doesn’t feature on the App record. Seems also a lot have been writing to The Times reporting this problem. It’s also apparent that younger people under 16 aren’t eligible for the App and a few other issues too. Trips via France for Xmas and beyond may be thwarted.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Despite getting off to a bad start with the organising of booster shot appointments we now seem to have a good working system courtesy of the Army and we both had ours this morning. Very well organised in the hall where they were working. Open until 6pm at night.

Not too busy today and we walked in just ahead of our appointments. Other days though there have been long queues.

Reactions: Hutch
Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Was pleased to hear today that the age for booster entitlement has come down to over 40s, will be booking mine as soon as I'm 6 months on from dose 2 (mid December)

Reactions: RogerL
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Got my call up for the booster today, went to book it and appointment available Tues afternoon.
Checked same venue for walk in.................Monday!!
Guess which day I selected to go?
All done walked in at 1.00pm, sat down for 15 minutes after the jab, out by 1.26pm.
On arrival I went to the walk in queue, another chap at same time went to appointment queue, he was directly in front of me in same line for the jab.
So looks like it doesn't matter either way you attend/book.
Stay safe everyone.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Boosters are now showing in detail on the Domestic and Travel sections of the NHS App. Good news we can all go skiing in France in January or even earlier now⛷🤕

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Booster done on Saturday at 9am.
Very organised again and in and out in 20 mins including the 15 min wait after the jab.
Fell asleep from about 11 am on Saturday for most of the day, then went to bed .
Sunday felt tired all day and had a couple of 2 hour naps.
Less tired today but lots of ectopic heart beats, I did have AF 6 years ago and can sometimes feel ectopics when I am about to go down with a virus, so not worrying

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Booster done on Saturday at 9am.
Very organised again and in and out in 20 mins including the 15 min wait after the jab.
Fell asleep from about 11 am on Saturday for most of the day, then went to bed .
Sunday felt tired all day and had a couple of 2 hour naps.
Less tired today but lots of ectopic heart beats, I did have AF 6 years ago and can sometimes feel ectopics when I am about to go down with a virus, so not worrying
Pleased to hear hope you have no side effects and merry Xmas

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
....our local GP group set up a vaccination hub in a closed down Argos in local town.
Booked appointments 10 minutes apart for myself and wife. No queuing.....Covid booster in left arm .....flu in right.....job done :)
One week later received a text to book the booster at an NHS centre!!

Very well looked after here in Sussex.

.....not doing that well :(

Our local council area which is semi rural, is currently the 2nd worst area in England for Covid infections and no one has an explanation!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We’ve had a 32% increase in cases locally now over 779 per 100000 with England average about half of that. On the local news of 12 reported areas 8 were showing a substantial rise in cases. It’s been happening now for a week. Surely cannot all be down to schools returning from half term.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We’ve had a 32% increase in cases locally now over 779 with England average about half of that. On the local news of 12 reported areas 8 were showing a substantial rise in cases. It’s been happening now for a week. Surely cannot all be down to schools returning from half term.
More than likely due to inconsiderate people?

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Let’s hope the German minister was right then.
We've had all 4 jabs(3covid and 1 flu).
I don't understand all those figures the gov spews out - high take up of vaccination but also highest no of deaths compared to to say Germany
I'm not surprised some are suspicious of the jabs - it took the Germans to make us aware of blood clots side effect

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We've had all 4 jabs(3covid and 1 flu).
I don't understand all those figures the gov spews out - high take up of vaccination but also highest no of deaths compared to to say Germany
I'm not surprised some are suspicious of the jabs - it took the Germans to make us aware of blood clots side effect
Surely wave 1 and 2 pre-empted the roll out of vaccines and that is why we had such a high number of deaths and hospital cases prior to vaccines starting to take effect. Cast your mind back to the early part of this year. We are still getting around 1000 deaths per week according to todays ONS survey which adds to the cumulative total unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts