Crossways

Jun 4, 2005
Visit site
Hello, I am relatively new to the caravan thing having had a sprite major for a year and now a 94 swift alouette. The wife has joined the caravan club and has booked for the three of us , me, wife and 3 year old rug rat to go to Crossways in dorset. Does anyone have any experience / views of this site? Looks good in the directory and the review in the mag but I do like to have a bit of personla input!

Cheers

Ben

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ben, We went to Crossways last year. Very nice site, lots of secluded areas with about half a dozen or so pitches, all in clearings in the woods. Beautiful setting with foxes, squirrels, rabbits & deer roaming amongst the trees & lots of bird species too. Good location for reaching the coast or exploring inland. Facilities spotless & well located. Very safe for young 'un to play. Tv suspect but there is a booster system available. You'll enjoy it, have fun. Colin.

Jun 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ben, We went to Crossways last year. Very nice site, lots of secluded areas with about half a dozen or so pitches, all in clearings in the woods. Beautiful setting with foxes, squirrels, rabbits & deer roaming amongst the trees & lots of bird species too. Good location for reaching the coast or exploring inland. Facilities spotless & well located. Very safe for young 'un to play. Tv suspect but there is a booster system available. You'll enjoy it, have fun. Colin.
Thanks colin, just what I wanted to know.

Ben

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ben, It is a very nice site and peaceful if you get the right pitch..... BUT the first pitching glades you come to are next to the main road which is on higher ground, thus magnifying traffic noise & the second " meadows " area has a railway line on the other side of the fence which has a train every 40 mins or so. So take your time choosing a pitch ! My final comment is that the " cutting edge, environment freindly loos " are not to everyones taste ! Have a nice holiday.

Les.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts