Dunkirk to Germany

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Sailing into Dunkirk onroute to Hockenheim area of Germany. Would be grateful for any suggestions for stops over night or are the autoroutes safe for the night

Thanks

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Din't know what time you are arriving in France but we stop at a very good site near Bitburg - Prumtal Camping, Oberweis. This is a 5 star site and 15 euros per night with ACSI.

Well worth a visit the restaurant is 5 star too at 1 star prices

though the state of the Pound has made it more expencive this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Dianne about Prumtal Camping and particularly the restaurant. I just wonder if it might be a bit far off track unless of course you might like to spend a few days there. I can suggest Country Camping Schinderhannes which is about 35kms south of Koblenz, they also have a good restaurant as well!

Here are some links to my reviews

Schinderhannes

Prumtal

David

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
I been travelling through germany quite a few times.I found that most of the service stations on the autobahn are quite safe to stay for a night.Best is to look out for the services with the most trucks. If any one knows a good service station then they are the truckers.Most of the stations now have also dedicated parking bays for caravans.Also if you plan to stay on a station stop early,as otherwise the best places are taken by the trucks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts