Easter Weekend

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Hi all
wishing everyone a happy Easter in advance
We are looking forward to returning to Brookside country park @ Burton upon Stather . We’ve been there a few times now and find it very peaceful
I’ll be tackling the Isabella magnum 400 for the first time 🤪 so when it’s up I’ll post a picture
Wish me luck 🍀 👍
Matt

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Think we have been there; nice site. Good luck with the awning. Take your time. Putting up an awning is not an Olympic event.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all
We are looking forward to returning to Brookside country park @ Burton upon Stather . We’ve been there a few times now and find it very peaceful
I’ll be tackling the Isabella magnum 400 for the first time 🤪 so when it’s up I’ll post a picture
Wish me luck 🍀 👍
Matt
I had a Magnum and it wasn’t difficult to errct and achieve a good fit.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi all
Wish me luck 🍀 👍
Matt
Hi all
Wish me luck 🍀 👍
Matt
Had my Izzy y magnum for 15 years. Make sure the awning rail inner is clear of debris. Spray the rail with silicone spray.
Pull the roof canvas through without the four zipped panels. Start with the centre roof pole , centre upright making sure the “cross “ piece is also attached. Wife holds vertical pole for a minute as you add the other poles in sequence. The rest is simple and you can do it alone .
Tip. Layout all the poles and small poles on the ground roughly in their position.

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Had my Izzy y magnum for 15 years. Make sure the awning rail inner is clear of debris. Spray the rail with silicone spray.
Pull the roof canvas through without the four zipped panels. Start with the centre roof pole , centre upright making sure the “cross “ piece is also attached. Wife holds vertical pole for a minute as you add the other poles in sequence. The rest is simple and you can do it alone .
Tip. Layout all the poles and small poles on the ground roughly in their position.
Thank you Dustydog I’ve watched the Isabella demo several times on you tube looking forward to it

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the slightly smaller Magnum and it is dead easy to erect and quicker than any air awning. Can I suggest that you buy coach screws from Screwfix to hold the awning in place? We use them with a rubber grommet and a drill. The awning is up and secured in no time.

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
We have the slightly smaller Magnum and it is dead easy to erect and quicker than any air awning. Can I suggest that you buy coach screws from Screwfix to hold the awning in place? We use them with a rubber grommet and a drill. The awning is up and secured in no time.
Thanks Buckman good suggestion I’ll have a look at screwfix now 👍

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
The other thing that attracted me to that style of awning was when the caravan was changed you could use the awning on the next caravan without the hassle and expense of changing a full size awning.
We tried the kampa air awning but it was heavy and never sat right
Also wherever we go Isabella awnings always look smart and also it amazes me at the age of some of them so the old adage quality pays

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Please exercise some constraint when posting about going away. There's loads of low-lifes with the ability to hack in and get your home address.
Far better to wait until you get home then tell us about your lovely trips.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Please exercise some constraint when posting about going away. There's loads of low-lifes with the ability to hack in and get your home address.
Why pick this post for your comments when others do similarly, and Woosies advise their outings too. One postitve is that when someone advises their forthcoming trip that could initiate a meet with other members.

A more likely source of bad people activity is for them to see your caravan or motorhome on the drive being readied for a trip and then gone away.

Reactions: Mr Plodd
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not a problem if caravan is in storage. I doubt if they surf the net looking for who is going away on the off chance that they will come across something of interest. Easy to find a mark and then target them.

Reactions: Hutch
Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Caravan in storage so that’s not an issue
And the bungalow is wrapped up like Fort Knox
The OH is always on cam watch and the security grilles / alarm/ cameras/ and perimeter sensors should : Hopefully do the trick
We used to cruise a lot so security has always been important

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If my personal details are available as you suggest then I must ask our Mods to explain if my details are safe . If not I will not be a happy Woosie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have never had to put my home location into PcF for registration or any other caravan forum site.
So I think the only chance of the low life's targeting my home is just after we have the caravan back from storage.
If they do burgle our house, Well at least we can get new TV's and stereo units, I have noticed the valves take longer to warm up now, before we get a picture, but I suppose with a new TV I would have to pay for a colour licence.

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
I'm not saying your physical address details are on this site but your IP address would be accessible.
Once they have that then it's possible to locate other personal details.
The recent hack into the CAMC site is an example. Who knows what information they got away with?
To me it's far better to err on the side of caution.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this is probably unlikely. There are huge numbers of these quotes on the web and the chances of someone looking for an empty house is remote. Quite simply they need an address near them and finding that would normally need probably hundreds of searches on most forums. It would take hours.
Facebook and the like with lots of pictures and other personal information might be possible but I have never heard of it happening, it is just too much like hard work and very time consuming and still requiring an awful lot of luck to work. It has happened to celebrities but they are easier as their address is easy to find.
It is not a good idea, but not as risky as you might think.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
What we noticed was people putting flyers for tree surgeons, or drive way cleaning , partially through the letterbox. Then two days later white vans cruising the area looking for the flyers not taken in
In our Cul de Sac, if anyone goes away, we always push the flyers through the letter box. .

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What we noticed was people putting flyers for tree surgeons, or drive way cleaning , partially through the letterbox. Then two days later white vans cruising the area looking for the flyers not taken in
In our Cul de Sac, if anyone goes away, we always push the flyers through the letter box. .
There are only seven homes in our cul de sac and we watch out of one another even the grumpy obnoxious git next door.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts