Elddis Major Damp

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi Again. We certainly had damp readings in excess of 55% - as measured by our expert (we had to remove our mitigating tape for him to see during wet spell - tape now back in place and hopefully drying out again. ) a) IMG_9343 offside rear crack 1.JPGb) IMG_9344 Offside Rear crack 2.JPGc) IMG_9345 Nearside Rear Crack 3 & 4.JPGd) IMG_9361 Nearside Rear Crack 5.JPGe) IMG_9356Top nearside Crack 6.JPGf) IMG_9356 Top nearside crack 7.JPGg) IMG_9351Nearside Front Crack 8.JPG

Thought you may like to see what we are dealing with.

a) IMG_9343 offside rear crack 1.JPG

Aug 28, 2021
Visit site
Regarding the law , we have had several qualified legal opinions now and it seems as if section 32 of Limitation Act 1980 is valid in our case. This means we are fighting this based on breach of contract, breach of several sections of the sale of goods Act 1979, breach of duty of care i.e. negligent & breach of AWS code of conduct.

The Expert and others are incredibly helpful to us, but the amount of time we have had to put into this to gather all the necessary evidence has been exceptional. The Letter of Claim is in the post.

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how things progress.
Not sure what the problem is with the Limitations Act, as the claim seems to include just about every possible basis of action.

Reactions: longtailtit
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Regarding the law , we have had several qualified legal opinions now and it seems as if section 32 of Limitation Act 1980 is valid in our case. This means we are fighting this based on breach of contract, breach of several sections of the sale of goods Act 1979, breach of duty of care i.e. negligent & breach of AWS code of conduct.

The Expert and others are incredibly helpful to us, but the amount of time we have had to put into this to gather all the necessary evidence has been exceptional. The Letter of Claim is in the post.

I have my doubts regarding the Limitations Act and using SOGA however if that is the advice given by your solicitor, so be it. Without reading the whole thread again confirm that it would be the dealer that you will be challenging if it goes to court?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That's absolutely appalling. If I hadn't seen it I would not have believed it.
The caravan should have been rejected at that point and the fact that they accepted the repair and took back the caravan to use could possibly complicate matters especially under SOGA?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts