Energy prices

Page 12 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This isn't £3 for electric (which would be reasonable) - it's a £3 INCREASE above the previous rate which included electric.
But the CL owner has been on reduced income for two years, their business and domestic costs have also risen too, so I’m not surprised that they have felt the need to increase nightly rates. Like most things the customer has a choice.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Aha, so it’s a summer trip. However CLs have seen an increase in their own costs eg waste disposal etc, I suspect some CLs are concerned about continuing rising costs . Maybe some have had a knee jerk reaction but looking into future costs can’t be easy with all the unknowns today.
RogerL stated the increase was "due to the unprecedented increase in energy costs" and not waste etc. For summer months £3 is rather high if in England, but in Scotland I guess you need heating all year round. :D

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....as always horses for courses!!

I have two current bookings....
Fully serviced in May for £25.
CL in June EHU(not on a meter) but no toilet block for £15
Thinking of booking a June follow on site in New Forest (no EHU or toilet block) for £12

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
RogerL stated the increase was "due to the unprecedented increase in energy costs" and not waste etc. For summer months £3 is rather high if in England, but in Scotland I guess you need heating all year round. :D
Not fair on us up here. We usually turn the heating off in April and do not use it again until probably October. For sites though, most of us use the electricity for water heating, which is probably still going to be a noticeable amount. With microwaves and electric rings fitted to most this will also add up a bit.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not fair on us up here. We usually turn the heating off in April and do not use it again until probably October. For sites though, most of us use the electricity for water heating, which is probably still going to be a noticeable amount. With microwaves and electric rings fitted to most this will also add up a bit.
We have never used the electric hotplate in our caravan and consider it a waste of space.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The hot plate on ours works fine mostly used for, the morning Boiled eggs, a small omlette pan, and a pot bought for boiling potatoes, all measured beforehand. Foreward thinking.
Just wish the oven and grill would be working better, Oven always used a Max, to get any real temp out of it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The hot plate on ours works fine mostly used for, the morning Boiled eggs, a small omlette pan, and a pot bought for boiling potatoes, all measured beforehand. Foreward thinking.
Just wish the oven and grill would be working better, Oven always used a Max, to get any real temp out of it.
I had that problem 7 years ago Hutch,. Change the jet, clean all the gas pipes. The OEM spec allows a range of jet size. Go for the largest. Never looked back.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You are an engineer of quality😎😎
I still have my aircraft engineers licence for 6 Helicopters and 9 engines until October 2023. . I think I will let my brain retire then, although my mates says its gone already. 😂😂

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't forget that caravan sites are classed as commercial operations and don't see the same cost cap protection that domestic users do, so it is entirely possible that the cost of electricity at a site is more than the cost you see at home.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Don't forget that caravan sites are classed as commercial operations and don't see the same cost cap protection that domestic users do, so it is entirely possible that the cost of electricity at a site is more than the cost you see at home.
If I remember correctly when I worked in the industry that due to the high volume of electric a commercial premises would normally use, their rates were lower per kw than a domestic premises.
Many CLs located on farms use the third phase to also supply the CL. A touring only site would generally use 3 phase and a large touring site with statics it would normally be either 3 phase or HH depending on size.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I still have my aircraft engineers licence for 6 Helicopters and 9 engines until October 2013. . I think I will let my brain retire then, although my mates says its gone already. 😂😂
Do you mean 2023😜 I hope your mates are wrong😉😉🤪

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have now confirmation of the new amounts that we will be paying for supply of electric as from 1st April 2022.

Standing charge will be s 0.48127 and a kw will be 0.27865. This pushes up our annual bill to well over £2000. I am not sure how those on lower incomes are going to manage as obviously rent, council tax, heating and food will come first?

A week later I still cannot access the British Gas website to increase our monthly DD by at least £60 otherwise we are going to be in serious debt to BGAS in a couple of months.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have now confirmation of the new amounts that we will be paying for supply of electric as from 1st April 2022.

Standing charge will be s 0.48127 and a kw will be 0.27865. This pushes up our annual bill to well over £2000. I am not sure how those on lower incomes are going to manage as obviously rent, council tax, heating and food will come first?

A week later I still cannot access the British Gas website to increase our monthly DD by at least £60 otherwise we are going to be in serious debt to BGAS in a couple of months.

Strange re access to BG online. I’ve just tried via web access and BG app and both worked fine I could get into the area that has DD management. Have you been successful before in gaining access? You could try “ I forgot my password” reset it and try again.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

Don’t worry, Rishi Sunak will give you an interest free loan repayable interest free over 3 years I think? On home fuel he says £200 will do🤬🤬🤬

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts