ex RAF

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mods.. Can we make this a 'Ex RAF...' post, rather than a 'Ex RAF MTD' post? MTD only serves one trade. RAF covers them all. I've tried posting a thread on ex raf only for it to be removed.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Done,,,I hope we see more ex RAF forum users.

Personally I am ex Nav Inst fitter various places from Thorney Island to El Adem, Cyprus, Malta, Bermuda and more.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Lets hear it for us 'girls' who, by marrying a serviceman, entered into the wonderful (and on occasions not-so-wonderful) world of service life! For us the RAF was to be our life for 30 years.

Anyone who served in Aden, or who knows anyone who did, there is a great website which will bring back memories of those days at:

www.radfanhunters.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Damian.

Me? I'm ex-RAF Rigger (Airframes).

Binbrook ASF (Lightnings)

Kinloss NLS (Nimrod)

Wildenrath 19(F) SQN (Phantom)

Waddington SLF (Sentry)

Brize Norton 216 SQN (Tristar)

Loved my 12+ years.

Now working on civvy stuff.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Although never having served in any of H.M. Armed Forces could this idea be extended to encompass the three forces with, if they so wish, sub divisions within the organisation. I think this way there would be a friendly mix of service personnel who would probably enjoy having the comradeship of fellow members of the forces.

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Ex ATC Joined '67 retired '90 Scampton, Changi, HK,Lossie,Laarbruch,Prestwick,Wildenrath,Conningsby and a brilliant 6 months on Ascension Island.

Sandy

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Nice to see the ex-service turning out to share experiences.

I did just over 26 years, starting as one of "Trenchards's Brats" as an airframe apprentice. Then tours in Yorkshire, Germany, Oxford and back home to Yorkshire. I then had loads of years north of the border at Lossiemouth and Leuchars (great times!) before enjoying Germany again and finishing my time at Cottesmore in Rutland.

In between postings, I spent time in Norway, Cyprus and the obligatory Falklands (twice!) and can honestly say that I hardly regretted a day of it all. Happy days.

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
HI

I would love to get in touch with all the ex binbrook crew if possible regarding a possible reunion at the base this year.

So please roy , nineteen4ever , trevor and anybody who else served there please get in touch via my email which is as follows

swinny74@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts