Feeling vindicated..................

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim F Wrote

"We as recently retired pensioners are very much in favour of adult only sites!. We have never used one and dont intend to!, but they perform a valuable service in keeping all the sour old gits off the normal family sites"!.

You sad old man/woman that can't see that other people DON'T WANT what you WANT. They may love kids,but don't want them on holiday with them, that is all that has been said on this thread !! So why go into a rant ??

Val & Frank
What age do you have to be to earn the title of a sour old git

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We as recently retired pensioners are very much in favour of adult only sites!. We have never used one and dont intend to!, but they perform a valuable service in keeping all the sour old gits off the normal family sites!. We have been trailertenting/caravanning for over 30 yrs and love to see and hear children enjoying themselves, as our own boys did as children. Of course there are more nasty little brats than there used to be...but not as many as some seem to believe.

for goodness sake ENJOY yourselves dont always be eager to be offended

JimF
How old do have to be Jim to earn the title of a sour old git

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa - I can see where you are coming from - I think! But consider this - Regardless of Vic having children or not, his views are still as valid as anyone else's.

Having children gives you no more rights than anyone else - but they do give you far more responsibility.

Some parents are up to the job others are not. This thread has never been anti children anti parent.

But it has been about freedom of choice and good behaviour vs. bad.

I have to say I object to the inference of your post that Vic would only have posted what he did because he did not have children.

Uncharacteristically cruel of you methinks

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Clive

'I have to say I object to the inference of your post that Vic would only have posted what he did because he did not have children'.

I've hardly read any of the posts on this thread so I'll apologise if he's stated whether he has children or not. I was just wondering if Vic had children whether grown up or younger, that's all.

There was nothing more to it than that.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hello Clive

'I have to say I object to the inference of your post that Vic would only have posted what he did because he did not have children'.

I've hardly read any of the posts on this thread so I'll apologise if he's stated whether he has children or not. I was just wondering if Vic had children whether grown up or younger, that's all.

There was nothing more to it than that.

Lisa
Just to put you in the picture Lisa, Vic posted the following--

"I spent 26 years bringing my son up to know right from wrong or so I thought and the silly ****** got done for drink/driving in the Summer of 2005. That happened while our backs were turned on holiday and we were presented with that little bombshell as we walked through the door.

So as I said, you think you've brought them up right, but they'll continue to surprise AND upset you."

I think a lot of people could identify with Vic's statement but there by the grace of God I'm not one of them.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi there, I don't know what people are always moaning about. I have 7 grandchildren and love them all dearly. However, its great to get away and not have to listen to other peoples kids screaming and shouting. When you've brought up your own children I think you have a right to not want to have to deal with others children and some not so nice parents. So don't get yourselves all up tight, most of us love kids but need a bit of peace and quite at times.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig

Exactly what I was trying to say. When there are so many dreadful things happening in the World, lets just be grateful that we live in a Country where we can enjoy caravanning and have the choice of sites which suits everybody. The type of sites we choose should not be a divisive subject between people who have much in common i.e. enjoying the freedom of getting a break in some lovely parts of the countryside.

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Craig. I work with children all week & don't see why I'm a "sour old git" because I want a break from them occasionally. When we take our 6-year-old grandson with us, he isn't badly-behaved and is supervised all the time but he is often very noisy (singing, laughing etc.) I would relax a lot more if I thought that anyone likely to be upset by this was on an adult site.

Sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just two small questions - firstly, what encouragement is there for responsible parents of well brought up-children, if instead of being welcomed into the great community of camping and caravanning, they are shunted off into some ghetto and labelled as a problem? And secondly, as everyone seems to agree that only a minority of parents and children behave in an unacceptable way (all the children in our own family circles are known to be well brought-up and well-behaved, it is only a few, who have been in their turn, observed by only a few of those who post on here, who fall short of the required standard), why is the entire population of under whatever age is considered adult - 18? 21? 25? 30? to be ostracised?

When our children were young, we found that the quiet, open sites without lots of 'entertainment' were just what we needed. When they were teenagers, we voluntarily went to 'livlier' sites, which were not necessarily to our taste, but kept them happy, and meant they were properly occupied. We only once came up against the 'adults only' barrier, when we wanted to go to a particular area because of a family wedding. We tried to book a CC site for that weekend, but they were fully booked: they recommended another site, why I do not know, because they knew we had four children and it turned out to be adult only. Had we been able to go there, they would scarcely have seen our children, as we would have spent practically the whole of the time that we were not actually asleep at our relatives' house. As it was, we had to change our plans and travel there and back on the same day, a round trip of over 500 miles.

I am all in favour of the freedom to choose - but that works both ways. Why is the freedom to choose to shut out a significant proportion of the population a more valuable right than the freedom of that group to enjoy themselves in the same way as other people? There seems to be some sort of panic going on here that demonises younger people, and I have yet to see any real justification for this.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, I don't know what people are always moaning about. I have 7 grandchildren and love them all dearly. However, its great to get away and not have to listen to other peoples kids screaming and shouting. When you've brought up your own children I think you have a right to not want to have to deal with others children and some not so nice parents. So don't get yourselves all up tight, most of us love kids but need a bit of peace and quite at times.
Hear! hear!

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
I don't know the figures for this (so I apologise in advance if I'm wrong) but it seems to me that the vast majority of sites are for families and only a handful are for adults only. I would be the last person to stop children caravanning but is that really what is happening? As I said, I have no figures for the proportion of adult sites but there are hardly any within "weekend" travelling distance of us and lots of family sites.

Sue

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ummmmm I must be thick or something chrissie ...........

"There seems to be some sort of panic going on here that demonises younger people, and I have yet to see any real justification for this".

Where on earth are the posts in this thread demonising ALL young people, of whatever age? I don't get my knickers in a twist if I can't use a site because they ban dogs, simply because I know there are dog owners who are anti-social and allow their dogs to dump anywhere. It seems to me that you are the type of person that I posted about previously, someone who is over protective about their own offspring and take it as a personal attack against themselves if anyone mentions unruly kids with loutish parents. This couldn't be further from the truth, it's a simple case that some who go away prefer peace and solitude and it's unfair on anyone to begrudge them that. What are they depriving you of chrissie? It is obviously the site owners choice that they don't allow children, for whatever their reasons, and all people are doing is taking advantage of that choice. Just get over it, there are thousands of sites that do allow children. I will continue to use ALL sites but only having used an adult site once will at least be happy in the knowledge that they are there to be used if I so wish without someone lecturing me about children after having brought up three children of my own wih no problems. I also have six grandchildren from the ages of 2 to 16 and four of them are here at home with me as I type this post. Craig hit the nail on the head with his post, well said Craig.⇦ gets off soapbox and waits for Chrissies flak :OP hehheh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I really don't get this "issue". Life is full of segregation, most of it having a good purpose. Criminals are segregated from society, those under 18 are excluded from buying alcohol, kids under 16 can't smoke, men only clubs, women only clubs, Saga, etc etc etc. All forms of isolation/separation, so why the problem with adult sites?

When I first heard of an Adult site, I must admit to being a little shocked (and curious) about how anyone could get a license for such immoral behavior, only to find out that Adult sites were just about the exclusion of children.

One day those with children might want to visit an "Adults only" site themselves. If there's a market for them and if they do no harm, then why not, get over it and sleep better at site.

Now, does anyone know of a "real" adults site? I feel the need to get back to nature.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think describing the way young people today are brought up as 'a worse threat than terrorism' is particularly positive. Sorry, I do have more to say, but I'm in the middle of cooking a meal for dour generations of the family and just don't have time right now.

And by the way, I do not deny that bad behaviour exists - it always has!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
How old do have to be Jim to earn the title of a sour old git
Its nothing to do with age...its all about attitude..a sour old git can be (and often is) under 30!!

Enjoy life..dont go looking for annoyances!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I really don't get this "issue". Life is full of segregation, most of it having a good purpose. Criminals are segregated from society, those under 18 are excluded from buying alcohol, kids under 16 can't smoke, men only clubs, women only clubs, Saga, etc etc etc. All forms of isolation/separation, so why the problem with adult sites?

When I first heard of an Adult site, I must admit to being a little shocked (and curious) about how anyone could get a license for such immoral behavior, only to find out that Adult sites were just about the exclusion of children.

One day those with children might want to visit an "Adults only" site themselves. If there's a market for them and if they do no harm, then why not, get over it and sleep better at site.

Now, does anyone know of a "real" adults site? I feel the need to get back to nature.
www.spielplatzoasis.co.uk 5 mins from my house ,I can come and visit you. ;O)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
There is one picture that should give you a clue , but lets say you wont bring back a lot of dirty washing. This is in Bricket Wood, nr St Albans where I used to live The area had 3 nudist camps until my late father in law built houses over most of them ;O)

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In that case, tell your father, he's a bad man. All those nudists under a tonne of bricks, is there nothing sacred in the world?

BTW, did he get any pics?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts