First time caravaner.

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
Hi to you all. Looking forward to picking up tips and practicle advice on using caravans.

Have just bought a 2012 Bailey 440/4 as a starter van to see if we enjoy it. My wife is retired and myself - well it won't be long for me too.

The hand book is well thumbed at the moment trying to understand the do's and dont's some of which is so far confusing, but I'll soon get the hang of things hopefully when we start to use it properly.

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
First name Scarlett by any chance :p

Anyway ;

Hi , & welcome to the weird and wonderful world of caravanning, you are sure to find plenty of information and meet lots off informative people on this forum , i'm still learning after 5 years , then chill out take your time and enjoy touring. Its great .

Craig .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum. Best advice is to take your time, and remind yourself that you are doing this caravanning lark for fun.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Pimpernel, hopefully you will enjoy this daft but lovely lifestyle. Be bold, ask folk on sites about things. And ask away here on the forum There are no silly Questions, some one will have an answer for you.
Hutch.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
i'm still learning after 5 years ,
Im still learning after 25, and making the odd glorious mistake.

Once you have a routine it will all fall into place, but working out your routine is the trick.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
There's no learning like doing it. We started about 9 months ago (admittedly after a 20 year break) and found with each trip things got better. Start with short breaks, weekends + 1 day if you can, can promise with each trip you will learn something. Each time you will uncover small things you need explaining, there are more than enough "EXPERTS" on this forum! Another thing is you see what the rest of the world does, eventually you get enough insight to make your own way. Another important suggestion, as tempting as it may be, don't rush out and buy stuff, caravan, look, talk to anyone at the park that will talk to you, then eventually buy. Happy Days!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the caravan and if you need help you will usually get the answer on here if you ask. On site you will find most people are helpful if you have a problem.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi, congratulations on buying your caravan and welcome to the forum.
If there's anything that you're not sure about, just ask :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts