Forgotten how to caravan...

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Going for my second jab this morning, so will be ready for some quiet places ( antisocial ) . I have always liked to work alone.
Looking forward to trying out my new (to me ) towing motor, always been a Land Rover fan owned a series 2A from 1982 to 2005 then a Discovery up to 2019. Needed a lot of body work to get it fit again mechanically sound. Now I have a Mondeo, needed the room for my late wifes scooter plus other caravaning bits.
Going to be middle June when Kitchen finished so will be off about end August beginning September when it's gone a bit quieter that is if my daughters don't talk me into going sooner for a short holiday.

Trevor

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Where am I going no idea, in the past its been in the last couple of weeks when we have made up our mind were to go never when but were.
There are a lot of places we used to like at different times of year, but at the moment could be local? 50 miles or maybe 120 miles, maybe 240 miles ( Scotland ). It's open at the moment.

Trevor

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Got away on our first trip in the caravan since last sept everything worked fine untill i come to put the hot water on we were on a no electric site as we prefer the small 5 van sites well could i chuff get the hot water to fire up on gas i was thinking this is gonna cost a few pennys then i had a brain storm looked on side of van and i'd only forgot to take the cover off the flu went in the van and it fired up straight away never done that before so just shows you can easy forget the little thing 😂

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Dropped another silly one today. When I put the caravan back on the drive, I normallly lift the front of the caravan and kick the jockey wheel round into place so I can lower it down into its travelling slot. It also compensates for the slope of the drive.

My wife came around the caravan to see me bright red in the face and with apparently wearing a dopey expression. Whats wrong says the worthy wife. I can hardly lift it gasps I, never had a problem before. At which madam bursts out laughing and says

"You did drain down didnt you.?"

Not only the front of the caravan but also the boiler AND onboard tank, about an aquaroll and a half added to its normal weight.

This isnt the first time, the last time this happened, madam had already put the back legs down.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well it was our turn on Thursday! Jack on offside would not lift leaving me scratching head. Then remembered to press button to lower jack even more to lift that side. Jack then retracted okay.
Arrived on site and allocated pitch. Satellite dish would not lock in so asked to change pitch. Original pitch lovely sunshine onto nearside in afternoon. New pitch nearside in shade. OH not happy. As reversing caravan onto pitch I remembered that sat dish need updating. Didn't say a word to OH and did update and sat dish locked in straight away.
Next water into caravan and had to fill onboard tank also. Reading showed that tank was filling up okay. Then noticed water underneath the caravan. The release valve for the onboard tank was open. We have never ever opened it so they must have done so at the service.
Finally forgot to set load monitor to 10amp so yesterday tripped mains. Now enjoying our first break out until tomorrow

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think we have all left the drain tap open and me to the point that once the water is pumping in I go out and check there is no leak there. I know you can check the position of the tap but that is too easy.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also had a problem with the caravan toilet cassette lid got stock it would only move half way check outside would not come out then i put some WD40 on the lid inside and slowly move it back it was back up working .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We also had a problem with the caravan toilet cassette lid got stock it would only move half way check outside would not come out then i put some WD40 on the lid inside and slowly move it back it was back up working .
Sometimes the cassette will not come out if the toilet is not in the “ ready” position

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Just got back from our weekend away at oxon park, Shrewsbury.
Had a few weekends away now and it all finally feels 2nd nature.
Next weekend away is in 3 weeks time, off to Riverside in Betws y Coed.

Enjoy

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from our weekend away at oxon park, Shrewsbury.
Had a few weekends away now and it all finally feels 2nd nature.
Next weekend away is in 3 weeks time, off to Riverside in Betws y Coed.

Enjoy

Kev
Hi Kev we love Shrewsbury did you go Dobbies garden centre i hope you enjoy Riverside in Betws y Coed in 3 weeks :)

Reactions: Kevin M
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We did pop to Dobbies BB.
Riverside is one of our fav weekend jaunts, going to drive the road to Llanberis whilst there and decide if it’s ok to tow that way or not (up the A5)

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We did *** to Dobbies BB.
Riverside is one of our fav weekend jaunts, going to drive the road to Llanberis whilst there and decide if it’s ok to tow that way or not (up the A5)

Kev
Shouldn’t be a problem going to Llanberis on the A5 or are you thinking of Welsh Covid regulations?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

For some strange reason the forum anti-swear algorithm doesn't like the word n-i-p.
It replaces the word with a row of little stars.
I had to substitute 'pop'
[/QUOTE]
😥😥😥Now it’s pop the wire joint, go to, and pop and tuck for those having surgery😜😜😜😜

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Can’t believe how busy the sites are.
Just tried a CL in Shrewsbury for June weekend, he has no weekends available until September.
So for us, it’s riverside in betws in 3 weeks and just booked Oxon Shrewsbury in 6 weeks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts