Forgotten how to caravan...

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Can’t believe how busy the sites are.
Just tried a CL in Shrewsbury for June weekend, he has no weekends available until September.
So for us, it’s riverside in betws in 3 weeks and just booked Oxon Shrewsbury in 6 weeks
Hi Kev Have you been to this site Ludlow Touring Park it looks a nice site

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
One of our favourite 5 van certified sites around Ludlow is Farden Lane Park C&CC certified site.
The grass pitches are sloping although the site owners are friendly and helpful with wooden blocks to keep you on an even keel.
There are spectacular views across Shropshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands from this site which is very well maintained and well worth a visit.
Ludlow is a steady ten minute drive away and the old Tittensor Quarry about a mile away has good walks and even more spectacular views from Clee Hill.

Reactions: Beachball
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Can’t believe how busy the sites are.
Just tried a CL in Shrewsbury for June weekend, he has no weekends available until September.
So for us, it’s riverside in betws in 3 weeks and just booked Oxon Shrewsbury in 6 weeks
We have not had any issues booking pitches on popular sites. Last weekend we were on a site that is probably maintain better than any CAMC site and we had a fully serviced pitch with water connections. There were more than 20 pitches available over the weekend.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
One of our favourite 5 van certified sites around Ludlow is Farden Lane Park C&CC certified site.
The grass pitches are sloping although the site owners are friendly and helpful with wooden blocks to keep you on an even keel.
There are spectacular views across Shropshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands from this site which is very well maintained and well worth a visit.
Ludlow is a steady ten minute drive away and the old Tittensor Quarry about a mile away has good walks and even more spectacular views from Clee Hill.
Hi Parksy Just look at this site it looks fantastic and written it down in the diary next season now (y)

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes we have, lovely site in a fantastic location.
Tried various dates last night upto sept and they were fully booked.

Kev

I had to look really hard for a site in north Wales for early September. Both clubs were booked, well at least preventing a 14 night stay across weekends. I found one on Anglesey, great for airspotters as it was right at the end of RAF Valley runway. Having spent a night in a cabin at the end of the runway at Plattsburgh SAC base in 1985 I found out why it was available. You cannot believe how noisy F111 Aardvarks and their accompanying tankers were.

In the end we found a small private site one akin to a CL and with a pub nearby, and only short walk to Caernarfon. I used Pitch up as the filter options are good and availability comes up quickly.

We have a site sorted for early June, so will shortly be looking for something around late September/early October once we know our daughters university and work commitments, as well as granddaughters decision on what she plans to do post GCSE. Hopefully 2022 will be more straightforward regards planning. But I have been saying that since........

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We went to this Bron Derw Touring Caravan Park North Wales it has 3 touring parks
Touring Caravan Park
Adults only Touring Park
Caravan Club Site
We love our stay on Parc Derwen Adults Only it was great

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I hitched up our van a couple of weeks ago just to check I could remember how to do it, drive around the block, as we'd changed cars and practice reversing (still hate it) and forgot to attach my mirrors....:rolleyes:

Have now written a 'Don't forget' list...

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I hitched up our van a couple of weeks ago just to check I could remember how to do it, drive around the block, as we'd changed cars and practice reversing (still hate it) and forgot to attach my mirrors....:rolleyes:

Have now written a 'Don't forget' list...
it probably a good idea (y)

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve every intention before our next trip in 4 weeks to make a list of things to do when hitching to go and all the things to take to the storage, such as the Alko wheel lock key, the cordless for the steadies both I forgot to take to go and hitch up, my wife went home for them and I stayed to do other bits, she came back without finding the Alko lock keys because they were in the boot of the car when we got there, so I’m making 2 lists and then laminating them, first list for getting away from storage and 2nd a list of to do things when packing up, things like forgetting to turn the tap to dump the hot water tank, it’s weird the things that have slipped from memory so time for new lists.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Note to self,
Pick up caravan spare wheel from local garage tomorrow, after having tyre changed. Budget tyre fitted, 195/70 15C. £49.50.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Note to self,
Pick up caravan spare wheel from local garage tomorrow, after having tyre changed. Budget tyre fitted, 195/70 15C. £49.50.
Mine is still in its carrier, fully inflated , 12 years old , not cracked or perished. Never used!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine is still in its carrier, fully inflated , 12 years old , not cracked or perished. Never used!
Mine was DATED 49/11, also never used, decided to change it "just in case" carriedunder the side bed, took off the Alko carrier, thats stored behind the garden shed. Saves 6.5 kg.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mine was DATED 49/11, also never used, decided to change it "just in case" carriedunder the side bed, took off the Alko carrier, thats stored behind the garden shed. Saves 6.5 kg.

So I'm not the only one, mines in front locker 11 years old and like yours not cracked , or perished or used.
Now what happened to the 5 year recommendation o_O

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So from the two of you, who is the highest bidder for my almost new 9 year old Maximiller 195/70 X 15C tyre. Storage pressure between 55 to 65 psi. Kept in the dark for the last 5 years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mines 4.5 year old Hankook kept in the front locker. Twice a year it gets hoisted out and sprayed with Autoglym tyre dressing, or Armourall whichever comes to hand first. I’ve just changed the two running tyres to Hankook but will keep the spare to 7 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts